Community & Regional Connections > Region Seven

Anyone else in CO get hit by hail?

(1/2) > >>

CT9A:
My garden took a pounding last night.  Some of my tomato plants MIGHT survive, but I'm not sure.  Even my apple tree has major limbs down.  I'll try and post some pics later.

minimalist:
That's too bad. I'm sure it would suck to put a lot of time and effort into a garden and have a hailstorm ruin it.

Maybe you can at least get a new roof out of it. We had hail a few months ago and it seems like every house in town is getting a new roof.

CT9A:
Actually, we didn't take any damage to the house at all.  The greenhouse on the other hand.....

CrazyJimbah:
a little damage to my garden, too... but luckily my neighborhood missed the most severe stuff that blew out east of CS.

endurance:
I was very lucky with this round.  I was finishing my evening walk at about 9:45-10:00 and saw the lightning to the north.  Man I'm glad I didn't get caught out in the middle of that one!  Instead, it passed just barely to the east of me (I'm in Golden) and wreaked havoc in Wheatridge and Lakewood.  I have a coworker in Applewood who took the teeth of it.  He just bought a new 50 year warrantied roof 15 months ago, just painted the house last August, and has a redwood deck that he installed two years ago; all are a total loss.  The hail literally stripped the paint off the north and east side of his house, the roof was a total loss, and the deck looks like it was set out on a driving range for a month or two.  He also replaced all the windows when he moved in (about four years now) but that was a blessing.  Many of the neighbors lost north side windows that just shattered.  He only had one crack, but didn't shatter.  It saved him a lot of interior damage.  It always pays to buy quality!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version