Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Amateur Radio Gear Reviews

Hands on Yaesu FT 450D

<< < (2/4) > >>

Carl:
  I had it set to adjust power also..and the meter button selects the SWR metering that meters between the radio and internal tuner and measures AVERAGE SWR so if it goes above 1.7 to 1.8 ,the tuner will automatically adjust.That tuner can adjust a lot more than some tuners I have seen lately on other radios. :)

Push and HOLD DOWN the DSP/SEL knob for a sec or two and RF POWER adjustment should appear.

Smurf Hunter:

--- Quote from: Carl on June 27, 2017, 05:19:01 AM ---
Push and HOLD DOWN the DSP/SEL knob for a sec or two and RF POWER adjustment should appear.

--- End quote ---

It does, and when operating digital modes like PSK, I got accustomed to adjusting RF power during transmit.  Audio levels, RF power are all factors for a good signal, so being able to adjust the knob on the fly is useful to me.

Carl:
 :clap:

Bradbn4:
Over a year later going to poke this topic again.

The radio looks good; wondering if the Yaesu FT-DX1200 is a major bump, not that big, or am I looking at apples and oranges.

I am looking at picking up something that would be a step up or so from a starter rig.  I have all of my 3 tickets so my options are open.

What do I plan on doing with it?  Play with it when I am board, as a possible communication device on the local repeater network.  Find a number station and see how well they can count.

Carl:

--- Quote from: Bradbn4 on October 12, 2018, 05:25:01 PM ---Over a year later going to poke this topic again.

The radio looks good; wondering if the Yaesu FT-DX1200 is a major bump, not that big, or am I looking at apples and oranges.

I am looking at picking up something that would be a step up or so from a starter rig.  I have all of my 3 tickets so my options are open.

What do I plan on doing with it?  Play with it when I am board, as a possible communication device on the local repeater network.  Find a number station and see how well they can count.

--- End quote ---

I have little time with a 1200 and do feel the FT450D with it's digital signal processing in the IF is a somewhat better radio than the 1200....That said ,for the money ....the better radio is an ICOM 7100 for a great all band all mode (with D STAR option) that is a favorite ,with it's great receiver and touch screen controls.

SMURF HUNTER is the proud owner of my FT450 now and loves the small ,portable,size and full featured radio though the IC7100 includes VHF and UHF the the other radios mentioned here do not....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version