Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Lady Survivors

Hi Fellow "Lady Survivors"

<< < (2/13) > >>

flagtag:
That's a hard one!  I guess more jeans.  Heavy duty work jeans, not designer/dress jeans.
Although, depending on where you live and weather conditions, a work coat (water repellant?) with a hood.
Or, maybe sturdy boots. (not fashion) (Sh**kickers)
Hat? 

Remember, you may (probably) be without certain conveniences such as a washer/dryer and will have to wash things by hand, so whatever you have would have to be sturdy and not easily damaged.

DarkEyes:
We had a wind storm a few years back, no power for 19 days, I had to handwash a lot of things.  I learned then that I don't have the strength in my hands to wring out water from blue jeans, so on www.shopgoodwill.com, I started watching for a washing machine wringer, and I got a good one for about $15.00.  I can wring with the best of them now. 

JetstreamJonny:
My Paramo "Velez" Jacket.

flagtag:

--- Quote from: DarkEyes on October 09, 2008, 08:14:42 PM ---We had a wind storm a few years back, no power for 19 days, I had to handwash a lot of things.  I learned then that I don't have the strength in my hands to wring out water from blue jeans, so on www.shopgoodwill.com, I started watching for a washing machine wringer, and I got a good one for about $15.00.  I can wring with the best of them now. 

--- End quote ---

I have a mop bucket with a wringer that I plan to use if necessary.  My hands aren't very strong either.  (I really need to start working out for a total body fitness) Somewhere around here, I have the hand grip thingies - you know you squeeze them to build up grip and forearms.  BePrepared.com has a personal washing machine that is cranked to wash.  (Small loads)
Something that everyone needs is extra underwear and socks.  If you aren't able to wash clothes often, at least after you bathe, you can put on clean underwear and (Heaven forbid) the "dirty" clothes.  (YUK!)  (Pray it never gets to that!)

SkipOnStars:
Hi All,
Just stopping in to say hi!  Are you all with "prepper" menfolk?   ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version