Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Lady Survivors

Why does it seem as if...

<< < (4/7) > >>

P_Coltrane:
My guess, without knowing the individuals who gave these responses, is it is displaying false bravado used to mask their insecurity.  By answering "I don't know" they must acknowledge their own deficiencies (who wants to do that in front of acquaintances).  This poorly thought out response seems to convey recognition for the need to respond without actually giving it any thought while appearing to have done so.

My other guess would be that if your question struck a nerve, asking them again at a later date will elicit a more sensible response.  If not, you may just be conversing with a lot of  jackasses.

Thox Spuddy:
You can have a discussion about this, but the fact is aggressive intrusion will occur. Just look at Wal-mart on black Friday and the way women violently attack one another to get their hands on a carton of Hershey candy bars. People do this. Men maintain and restore order with God in their guts and guns in their hands. It is men that have liberated us from the tyranny of piracy. Men who threaten to rob families that have guns to  protect their families do not live. Men protect their families.

kid_couteau:
Just a thought here

For those that either do not know how to prep or are too lazy to prep it is easier and more "macho" to say they will raid others.

I see this sort of mindset all the time in some of the youth I work with.

Lazy, cheat on tests, steal from their own classmates or even me from time to time.

Kid

Truik:

--- Quote from: kid_couteau on September 13, 2011, 07:05:20 PM ---For those that either do not know how to prep or are too lazy to prep it is easier and more "macho" to say they will raid others.

I see this sort of mindset all the time in some of the youth I work with.

--- End quote ---

Sure, I agree completely. This is most likely the case with most of the people we encounter who say these things.

The problem is...which ones are which? If only one out of twenty would act on their words, that is still a five percent chance you would have a problem and a one hundred percent chance that they are out there somewhere thinking up comparably idiotic plans for other, similar mischief.

On any given night, in any given instance, with any one of those people I don't know, I try to not allow myself to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Just sayin'

Thox Spuddy:
There are numerous topics in the forum that cover this subject, one about Mormons'. Perhaps it is time to throw them all together in their own category?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version