Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Hunting

Animal Trapping and Snaring

<< < (16/16)

The Meat Trapper:

--- Quote from: SteveandTracyinKY on December 09, 2012, 05:21:04 PM ---I am working on getting into trapping. The problem I have right now is somewhere to clean the animals. We still live in an apartment in the city, so I would have to have a set up where I had everything bagged and ready for the freezer before I got back home.

--- End quote ---

Don't let that stop you! Just skin and quarter your catch in the field before heading home. Here's a video of how I quarter up beaver on the tailgate of my truck in the field. The video is shaky because I was wearing a camera on the brim of my cap to free up my hands. If you use the 'gutless' method of quartering up larger animals you can take the four leg quarters and the backstraps out fairly quickly.

http://youtu.be/AnMyvl3Ptwo

TimSuggs:

--- Quote from: SteveandTracyinKY on March 18, 2013, 12:58:25 PM ---Has nothing to do with trapping, but after reading that I am curious how they used wire to keep the nuts and bolts from falling off?

--- End quote ---

SteveandTracy, the military uses "safetywire" to hold any "critical" fastener i place to keep it from coming loose.  There's even a special tool for twisting the wire called "safetywire pliars", think lpowbuck visegrip pliars with a "yankee drill" spinner buit into it.  I know it might sound like I'm blowing smoke up your pipe, but I'm not.  The nuts and bolt heads have small hole drilled across one of the "edeges" and the dafetywire goes thru the hole, to the next, and the next, etc.  It can be a ver elaborate, labor intensive effort and the results can be both funtional as well as "artistic" as well.  It's been a while since I tried to post a picture here, so you're gonna have to look it up on your own.  Let me see if I can post a link...

TimSuggs:

--- Quote from: SteveandTracyinKY on March 18, 2013, 12:58:25 PM ---Has nothing to do with trapping, but after reading that I am curious how they used wire to keep the nuts and bolts from falling off?

--- End quote ---

See if this helps...  http://www.mgcars.org.uk/imgytr/safetywire.shtml

Roswell:

--- Quote from: TimSuggs on March 13, 2013, 03:48:48 PM ---Brother Roswell...  How ya doing? 

--- End quote ---

Sorry for the late reply.  I'm doing good. Hope you are as well. i won't derail this thread further except to see we need to get M&G together some time soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version