Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Emergency Preparations

Document Package Phone Numbers

<< < (6/14) > >>

bentwanderer:

--- Quote from: bartsdad on May 06, 2011, 09:11:25 AM ---A place to board your pets if a bugout means not going some place pet friendly

--- End quote ---

I must have missed something. Why if i am preparing to be prepared; would i be going to  BOL that may or may not be pet friendly? Of course unless it is a tsunami, flood or i know i cannot come back for more than a couple weeks i am not taking all my dogs anyway...

Clybrad:
Prepperjim did you pay for it? We played with them today. I would love to have one of my own.

Welshrats:

--- Quote from: Clybrad on November 03, 2011, 06:51:32 PM ---Prepperjim did you pay for it? We played with them today. I would love to have one of my own.

--- End quote ---

I found an electronic (PDF) version of the Emergency Response Guide at: http://www.ehso.com/ehsodot.php?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fphmsa.dot.gov/staticfiles/PHMSA/DownloadableFiles/Files/erg2008_eng.pdf

GeorgiaBoy:
One thing I was always taught was that if you store written phone numbers with full 10 digits..
To always write them instead of the traditional areacode+phone+number..... format..
to write them where if this was the number 555-333-1212 instead write it as...   333-555-1212 or 555-121-1333
Something that you would know automatically yet others would not. Same as with credit card numbers...  Swap the 1st and 3rd set ie. 1111 2222 3333 4444 to 3333 2222 1111 4444

Just simple things where you can keep things written down for safe keeping ...

If SHTF completely... and you have everything on a USB key... what are the odds that electronics are down/gone as well? aside from your EMP hardened military installations... how many people are prepared for an EMP in case they have to use a laptop to access their USB key?

Just something to think about?

jcrev:

--- Quote from: Samson on April 22, 2011, 08:04:43 PM ---So I've been putting together my document package and I've gotten to the "phone numbers" section, I have family, friends, police, hospital, red cross, poison control,doctor,pharmacy, isurance company.  Am I missing anything?  Are there any other ideas for the document package other than what Jack suggests??  Thanks

--- End quote ---
Samson, thanks for posting this, I am just using your basic list there to start my phone list! I was looking on the main podcast site, and could not find a list of things that should go in the document package. Does anyone know if there was a show that went into the doc package in more depth, or if there's another thread that does or something?
Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version