Author Topic: My doorbell rang at 1AM this morning  (Read 5383 times)

Offline Gamer

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: My doorbell rang at 1AM this morning
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2020, 02:54:06 PM »
Because the in the high crime areas it is illegal to carry....

What, is it illegal even if you've got a piece tucked out of sight under your jacket?
And what's that business I hear about "open carry", do some states say you can only carry if it's in full view?

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2020, 02:58:10 PM »
What, is it illegal even if you've got a piece tucked out of sight under your jacket?
And what's that business I hear about "open carry", do some states say you can only carry if it's in full view?

yes.
and yes

Offline theBINKYhunter

• Does not fall well with plastic guns...
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Not a tactical baddass
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2020, 01:25:30 PM »

yes.
and yes

I'd say it depends because in Arizona it doesn't matter if it's partially concealed, it's all legal. I could walk around with a slung rifle out in the open or barrel sticking out under a trench coat and that's legal. I haven't followed up on local laws everywhere but I know there were (possibly still are) places where concealed is legal, but if you print or it becomes partially visible you're now committing a crime because open carry is illegal. I think Texas used to be like that? It gets kind of crazy because each states has it's own laws so you have to check each one out to know if you're legal or not.