Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Preps

Fresnel Lens for Solar Oven

<< < (5/7) > >>

mangyhyena:

--- Quote from: Falling_blue on May 21, 2011, 05:12:27 PM ---Just got a free non-working rear projection tv off of cragslist, built a frame and stand for the fresnel lens and am currently cooking cornbread in a dutch oven.  Got a temp ~300 in the dutch oven before I started so it should turn out well.  I plan on finding a mirror to bounce the spot up to a grill for pans but couldn't wait to cook something with it.

--- End quote ---

I think that's great.  Way to be innovative.  Any chance you could post pictures or a vid?

KYdoomer:
So what I read is the best way to use a fresnel for cooking is to heat a cook surface up.  I'd love to try this but what cook surface could stand up.

My parabolic cooker will light a 2x4 in about 10 seconds.  Strong enough to boil water and cheap at only 30 bucks.

J

Falling_blue:

--- Quote from: mangyhyena on May 31, 2011, 03:43:27 PM ---I think that's great.  Way to be innovative.  Any chance you could post pictures or a vid?

--- End quote ---

Haven't built the frame for the mirror and grill.  Still finding out the best way to make it adjustable to set optimal angles during the day.  But here is pics of the progress.   Oh and now I have three free lenses and also took the trapezoid mirrors out and will be building another solar box oven.

Top one is just a test run.  Got 325 degrees in the dutch oven.
Bottom one was cooking cornbread.

mangyhyena:
That is awesome.  Looks like a great backup cooking method.

Nicodemus:
That's a great looking set up, falling_blue!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version