Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Martial Arts, Unarmed Self Defense, Hand To Hand Combat, and Physical Fitness

I need to get fit...Doc ordered Weight Watchers

<< < (2/5) > >>

SueDonim:
Agree it is a long process.  I have lost 27 pounds and it took me about 6 months to do it.  Still should lose another 20-30.  But in much better shape and have much more energy

I happen to have a stairmaster at home.  It helps tremendously as I can veg out on the TV while exercising.  Worked up from 250 calories a day to 1000 calories a day.  At the same time, have been catching up on "24", "Star Trek: The Next Generation", "Star Trek: Enterprise", and just starting "Deep Space Nine" (yeah, I'm a geek).

19kilo:
Actually sue 27 lbs is about right on target.  I was told 1-2 lbs a week.

CBMS:
+1 to Millerized
My GF had the same scenario (minus the 1k bucks I am a Student, Remember!) It is for sure a thing to do and dont worry about being a guy or anything else. The people there all really want to see you succeed. Stay for the meetings, even if you dont think you need to, it helps to be with a group of like minded individuals to keep you on the up and up.
Also get a food scale and NEVER use your home weight scale, only weigh yourself at the meetings. It helps with your self confidence.
Now I just need to get my GF to start going agian (she does want to, just needs some incentive), maybe a shopping spree or vacation would do it... hmm Its swim suit season coming up for me... maybe a treat for both of us (I know, I'm selfish :D)
Good luck, and also there are a few sites online that have Points calculators Calorieking.com (ithink) and there are sites that have recipes that have set point values
Good luck!
CBMS

vicious:
I'm doing the weight watchers thing, although my wife goes to the meetings, and I have to say it.s one of the better diets I've dealt with. My problem is not wanting to feel hungry and over-eating. With WW I can eat until I'm full, but I have to make a very conscious effort to keep WHAT I'm eating under control. Take Taco Bell for instance, I used to go in and get burritos and all the great tasting stuff, but now I can go in and have a meal with the Fresco chicken or steak soft tacos, get full, and not go over my daily allowance.

Good luck!

wbo3:
Hey folks...I finally started weight watchers at the beginning of December...December 8th to be exact.  Anyway, I wanted to report back and let anyone know that is thinking about it, do it.  I have lost 35 lbs so far, not to bad for 8 weeks.  I still have a VERY long way to go, but I am making quick progress.  It is very easy to do, I just had to change some of the things I was eating...I eliminated almost everything I was eating that was high in fat...mayo, cheese, etc.  The weigh started flying off when I did that.  I even joined a gym last week...if things keep progressing at the rate they are now, which I doubt they will, it should slow at some point, but if they do, I will be back on my bicycle by the end of spring...something I used to love to do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version