Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Martial Arts, Unarmed Self Defense, Hand To Hand Combat, and Physical Fitness

Helio Gracie passes.

(1/2) > >>

Debo:
http://www.graciemag.com/news/144/ARTICLE/13149/2009-01-29.html

--- Quote ---Interviewed by GRACIEMAG in 2005, the brilliant professor responded to Raphael Nogueira’s question, “Are you afraid to die?”

“Death? [Short chuckle from Master Helio]. Why be afraid of death? I need nothing, have nothing, want nothing. I think it’s silly someone should be afraid to die. They should be afraid to be born. As I’ve already said to my kids, when I die I want there to be a party. No booze, no debauchery. But I want a party with music, food."
--- End quote ---

95 years of full life.  Rest in peace.

D.

daveinmichigan:
I the opportunity to visit with Mr. Gracie while I was helping a friend fight at UFC 5. He had a very kind and gentle manor about him, but you could see the warrior in his eyes.  He was a small and lean man, but I was stuck by the size of his hands...the were HUGE for a man of his height.  With all self inflated BS martial arts crap out there, it was nice to meet a true Grandmaster that actually developed a system that changed the world of the martial sciences.  I remember smiling while I was visiting with him because it was like meeting Yoda. May he rest in piece.

Tommy Jefferson:
I am a better martial artist and person because of the work Master Helio did. 

R.I.P. Master Helio. 

bigheadt:

--- Quote from: Tommy Jefferson on February 01, 2009, 06:59:52 AM ---I am a better martial artist and person because of the work Master Helio did. 

R.I.P. Master Helio. 

--- End quote ---
Without Helio there would be no BJJ or MMA here. Sadly some of these new"Tapout" ufc fans have no idea who he was.

daveinmichigan:
nice photos Tommy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version