Archived Boards (Read-Only) > TSP-Branded Gear

STICKERS ARE HERE!!!!!!!!

<< < (3/4) > >>

ncjeeper:
SW cant you use the usps priority envelopes and boxes for $4.95? Might be cheaper.

Sister Wolf:

--- Quote from: ncjeeper on November 17, 2009, 06:58:19 PM ---SW cant you use the usps priority envelopes and boxes for $4.95? Might be cheaper.

--- End quote ---

Yes.  But since I was already at the UPS store doing something else, I figured I'd just UPS them.  Didn't know it would cost me $10 a package until after I got the receipt.  I was like "WOOPS.  Oh well."

We've changed the shipping prices on the website to reflect reality, and we'll be shipping primarily through USPS from now on. We pretty much exactly charged you what USPS will charge you.  Shipping is costly enough without having companies screw you over to try and rake more profit out of you in that sense.

Ann:
You might want to check into setting up an account with the local UPS store.  It MIGHT be less expensive and easier for future shipments.

I know not EVERYBODY has issues with the USPS, but I do.  You will hear no complaints about sending something with a tracking number.

I know I'm not the first to say this, but THANK YOU, SW.  Your work on all this has been wonderful, and I, for one, really appreciate it.

Sister Wolf:

--- Quote from: aeellis2002 on November 18, 2009, 11:40:39 AM ---You might want to check into setting up an account with the local UPS store.  It MIGHT be less expensive and easier for future shipments.

I know not EVERYBODY has issues with the USPS, but I do.  You will hear no complaints about sending something with a tracking number.

I know I'm not the first to say this, but THANK YOU, SW.  Your work on all this has been wonderful, and I, for one, really appreciate it.

--- End quote ---

I will do that (check into setting up an account, and what the cost difference would be).  If it's significant, and it's competitive with USPS priority, I'll change it so that we only ship UPS with domestic orders.

IN THE MEAN TIME - If you guys decide that you want UPS rather than USPS, I'll tell you what I'll do.  I'll set up another button that I'll call "please ship UPS ground".  That way you can add it to your cart, and it will cover the difference between USPS and UPS on your order.  For some reason, Paypal won't let me set up different shipping options (which is really dumb) for the same states.  It's either all UPS (which can get VERY expensive) or all USPS.

And I totally understand having issues with government sponsored mail system.  We have massive issues with them here at our house too, aaellis.  But the difference between $5 to ship a couple of stickers and $11 is enough for me to maybe take the risk.

I'll check also to see if USPS has tracking available on Priority packages.  if it costs a fixed amount more, then I'll add it to the current amount, and forgo the extra UPS button.

Sister Wolf:
USPS has tracking on Priority mail packages for about a dollar more.  So I just upped the shipping prices (again), and now you'll all have tracking numbers with your orders.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version