Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic

PRICE GOUGING BEGINS AT WALMART

<< < (5/5)

Stwood:
I took 12 cans to the food bank. Hopefully someone there enjoyed it.

BTW, I heard ours has closed, a couple weeks ago due to lack of donations.

Morning Sunshine:

--- Quote from: Stwood on March 24, 2020, 09:52:27 AM ---I took 12 cans to the food bank. Hopefully someone there enjoyed it.

BTW, I heard ours has closed, a couple weeks ago due to lack of donations.

--- End quote ---

yeah - ours was saying that the biggest donation they get is scouting for food, but that was scheduled to happen right as the shut down started, so it was cancelled.  And then our church was going to organize one, but we were told not to do so.  Anyway, our FB is hurting pretty bad.  My neighbor decided he was just going to ask our road to donate and he would pick it up at the mailboxes tomorrow.

Stwood:

--- Quote from: Morning Sunshine on March 24, 2020, 12:46:21 PM ---yeah - ours was saying that the biggest donation they get is scouting for food, but that was scheduled to happen right as the shut down started, so it was cancelled.  And then our church was going to organize one, but we were told not to do so.  Anyway, our FB is hurting pretty bad.  My neighbor decided he was just going to ask our road to donate and he would pick it up at the mailboxes tomorrow.

--- End quote ---

I was thinking the other day...........Walmart here donates all their almost-out-of date food items. With Walmart being sold out and ran ragged, I highly doubt there is anything left for them to donate, as with our other small grocery in town.

Morning Sunshine:

--- Quote from: Stwood on March 24, 2020, 12:50:54 PM ---I was thinking the other day...........Walmart here donates all their almost-out-of date food items. With Walmart being sold out and ran ragged, I highly doubt there is anything left for them to donate, as with our other small grocery in town.

--- End quote ---

oh yeah - that is the other thing I forgot.  Their other big donations come from local grocery stores who have close-dated or excess items.  None of that happening now.

Adam Campbell:
Hmmm I did buy some boxes of crackers and then saw that the date was TOMORROW... But they are sealed and I really don't care that much. We have lots of soup so they will get used up.

As for the gas cans, I wasn't really THAT angry. Maybe I should have laid off the CAPS LOCK hahaha.

All I was saying is watch out for these greedy bastards and make sure you have what you need before 5 gallons of gas costs you 1,000 rounds of ammo, 2 bottles of hand sanitizer, and a roll of toilet paper in our dystopian future!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version