Community & Regional Connections > Region Three

Project Appleseed in Region 3

<< < (2/4) > >>

Roswell:
backstop is important, but width not so much. Keep in mind, people can share mats and shoot in flights. I have done it a couple times and it works well

We fit 47 people on this line with them sharing mats and shooting in flights...

From the site...

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/host_appleseed.html

--- Quote ---What we ask of our Hosts:

A safe facility, with adequate parking and restroom facilities.
Volunteer help in setting up simple target backers and obtaining cardboard from a local supplier, usually free of charge.
Some help with local promotions, RWVA will provide a master flyer that can be copied and distributed to local businesses and community centers.

--- End quote ---

AngusBangus:
Got it. That's why I made my backstop comment. In the location where I typically shoot, there isn't a backstop... we're just shooting downhill in a pasture that flattens out at 80 yds. So the flat ground acts as a backstop. But I wouldn't put inexperienced shooters there.

I'll be on the lookout.

Roswell:
Thanks Angus!

Alan Georges:
Angus, a couple of years ago there was an Appleseed held at Woolmarket (just north of Biloxi), jpbearit (he's sorta still around) and I both shot at that one.  There's also a new range/school just getting open near Picayune.  Something more central, maybe up near Hattiesburg would pull in more MS people though.  Will keep digging around.

AngusBangus:

--- Quote from: Alan Georges on March 26, 2014, 04:45:13 PM ---Angus, a couple of years ago there was an Appleseed held at Woolmarket (just north of Biloxi), jpbearit (he's sorta still around) and I both shot at that one.  There's also a new range/school just getting open near Picayune.  Something more central, maybe up near Hattiesburg would pull in more MS people though.  Will keep digging around.

--- End quote ---
Picayune, while almost as far away from me as Como... just seems closer and more comfortable (I'm allergic to Oxford).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version