Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Camping

HOW TO PREPARE FOR A CAMPING TRIP?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Smurf Hunter:
What style of camping?

Are you pulling the family SUV into a reserved spot at a state campground or backpacking into US Forest land, carrying everything you need on your back?
I've done a bit of all of it, and the gear I take varies considerably.

Truth is, we could have a thread specific just to tent selection and setup.
Another thread on camping food.

surfivor:
 You only need a tent if there are a fair amount of bugs or if it's going to be rainy and windy. If just a light rain and no bugs, you can set up a tarp by running rope between trees. Use some bungy chords or similar to get the rope tight. Pick a night when heavy rain is not expected. In desert areas scorpions could be something to be aware of. Some people just sleep under the stars

If you are car camping and things go bad, you can always sleep in the car

Smurf Hunter:

--- Quote from: surfivor on September 15, 2017, 09:17:35 AM --- You only need a tent if there are a fair amount of bugs or if it's going to be rainy and windy. If just a light rain and no bugs, you can set up a tarp by running rope between trees. Use some bungy chords or similar to get the rope tight. Pick a night when heavy rain is not expected. In desert areas scorpions could be something to be aware of. Some people just sleep under the stars

If you are car camping and things go bad, you can always sleep in the car

--- End quote ---

Camping solo perhaps.  Bringing along a wife or girlfriend, you might want to do better than a tarp if you don't want this to be your LAST camping trip ;)

surfivor:

--- Quote from: Smurf Hunter on September 15, 2017, 09:26:30 AM ---Camping solo perhaps.  Bringing along a wife or girlfriend, you might want to do better than a tarp if you don't want this to be your LAST camping trip ;)

--- End quote ---

maybe, but women are joining the military these days as well. If you have never been camping before and you are bringing a woman whom you want to stay with who has never been camping, that could be an adventure.

If you have no military experience and haven't been camping, I wasn't sure if they would let you on the forums. So I would get out there and get it done no matter what you have to do.

Smurf Hunter:

--- Quote from: surfivor on September 15, 2017, 09:50:29 AM --- maybe, but women are joining the military these days as well. If you have never been camping before and you are bringing a woman whom you want to stay with who has never been camping, that could be an adventure.

If you have no military experience and haven't been camping, I wasn't sure if they would let you on the forums. So I would get out there and get it done no matter what you have to do.

--- End quote ---

Even some of the toughest, most independent women enjoy being treated like a lady from time to time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version