Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Camping

Where to find white gas (Coleman fuel)?

(1/6) > >>

InquiringMind:
I've got an old Svea 123 camp stove. Not as light as some of the newer designs, but damn near bullet proof. I haven't been camping in a number of years, but I'm planning to go later this month.

I went looking to buy some white gas (Coleman fuel) and am having a hard time finding any. Home Depot and the local Ace hardware don't have any (hadn't even heard of it), and EMS wants $13 a QUART. Online searches of places like Sports Authority turn up nada.

Is this stuff hard to come by now, or am I having bad luck? Anyone know good sources?

Cedar:

--- Quote from: InquiringMind on October 03, 2014, 04:39:17 PM ---I went looking to buy some white gas (Coleman fuel) and am having a hard time finding any.

--- End quote ---

Call Coleman and see who they sell to locally to you.
http://www.coleman.com/chooseafuel/
1-800-835-3278

Cedar

fritz_monroe:
I haven't purchased it in a couple of years.  But I've seen it in Walmart and in Dicks Sporting Goods.

kckndrgn:
my local Walmart carries it, in the sporting goods section (with camping stuff)

FreeLancer:
I got a soft spot for the Svea from childhood backpacking trips.  It's a little messy if you're not careful, and one time not tightening the fuel cap resulted in an interesting auxiliary jet of flame, but otherwise always worked well enough. 

Like others, I've never had a problem finding white gas at Walmart or sporting goods stores.  REI usually has MSR and Coleman brands in gallon and smaller sizes. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version