Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Homesteading and Self Reliant Living

What Did You Harvest Today?

<< < (91/93) > >>

Stwood:

Peppers
Cantaloupe

David in MN:
Apples. My Honeycrisp did gangbusters this year.

--- Quote from: LvsChant on August 30, 2020, 11:06:17 AM ---Sooooo jealous. My three little hazelnut trees are still several years away from production.

--- End quote ---

They go quicker than you'd think. Maybe a genetic thing where by the time you realize how unsightly a shrub they are they produce nuts and all is forgiven.

LvsChant:

--- Quote from: David in MN on September 13, 2020, 11:43:20 AM ---They go quicker than you'd think. Maybe a genetic thing where by the time you realize how unsightly a shrub they are they produce nuts and all is forgiven.

--- End quote ---

I hope that is true... all my nut trees have been attacked this summer by japanese beetles. While they are surviving, they aren't getting the type of growth I'd like to see.

Stwood:

Bell peppers finally kicked in.  ::) Everything else is dying out.
Green beans for seeds.
Red jalapenos for seeds

antsyaunt:
I had to harvest all the delicate fruits before the frost last night.  I picked cucumbers, dill, tomatoes, cucamelons, ground cherries, spaghetti squash, bell peppers, jalapeños, cucuzzi, and zucchino rampicante.  This year’s garden has been the best ever.  And it’s a good thing that I picked all that; it was 27 degrees this morning. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version