Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Camping

Eberlestock backpacks - any owners here?

<< < (2/6) > >>

nelson96:
For tactical weapons, stay away from the packs that have the smaller scabbards.  My G2 has a fairly large scabbard that is not detachable and my LR-308 and AR15 both fit in them fine.  I've been looking at the Phantom because it's a larger pack and the scabbard is a detachable drag bag.

Knecht:
The Warhammer pack I want has no scabbard, but is compatible with any of them, so I'd like to know which one should I choose.
By now, I have some cheap airsoft-grade shotgun scabbard, whih is actualy too tight even for a shotgun with a sall flshlight and AFG2 grip on the bottom of the forearm.

nelson96:

--- Quote from: Knecht on October 09, 2013, 09:17:58 AM ---The Warhammer pack I want has no scabbard, but is compatible with any of them, so I'd like to know which one should I choose.
By now, I have some cheap airsoft-grade shotgun scabbard, whih is actualy too tight even for a shotgun with a sall flshlight and AFG2 grip on the bottom of the forearm.
--- End quote ---

I'm sorry, I don't know anything about the Warhammer pack so I can't help you much there.  If you are able to integrate a scabbard to it I would try and find out if the scabbard that comes with the Phantom pack (or something similar in size) will intigrate to the Warhammer.  That scabbard would definately be big enough to accomodate most rifles.

raphterman:
The A4SS Tactical Weapon Scabbard is the widest one they make and has the GSTC Butt cover to go with it.  That's the equivalent of what's on my Phantom and it goes the full width of the pack. 

From what I can tell the A2LS/A2SS matches up to what's on the Dragonfly and that's about half the width of the pack.  It marries up with their JSTC Butt cover.  It can do scoped bolt actions fine, and other non-pistol gripped long guns.

I'd say go bigger.  From the looks of integrating it into the Warhammer, unless you have critical space designated for the other half of the MOLLE straps, the A4SS should fit all loads and still accommodate extra stuff you add onto the outside of the scabbard. 

If you do add on the scabbard and try to close up the pack, the only thing holding the two halves together is the outside compression straps right?  I'd just be wary if the two halves are loaded up would they sag a bit if you tried to compress them together.

nelson96:
I can get my scoped (with extended turrets) LR-308 in and out of the scabbard integrated with my G2H pack.  My rifle includes a pistol grip and a bi-pod.  It also works just fine with a 20-round mag inserted in the rifle.  I believe that scabbard is not as big as the one included with the Phantom pack.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version