Archived Boards (Read-Only) > 13Skills.com

Cedar's 13

<< < (4/11) > >>

Cedar:

--- Quote from: rmoeggy on January 20, 2013, 09:10:02 AM ---Now my boys are so good at picking up their feet I can't get them to leave them on the ground when I am brushing their legs!

--- End quote ---

This is what "Cody" does. He anticipates and lifts before you say "Foot". I swear "Whiskers" shifts his weight onto his foot. I pull up on his feathers at the hoofline and sometimes this works. I will start taking the pick down with me when I go to feed.

Cedar

Cedar:
Animal Husbandry — Learn how to drive a draft horse team - In Progress

I am pleased as punch tonight. I got "Whiskers" to pick up all 4 feet today. Without treats and without a hoofpick as an incentive.

Cedar

Cedar:
Gardening — Crash course in Silviculture - In Progress
Managing, using, conserving, and repairing forestland. I don't know alot about woodland management and with at least 60 acres out of 100, I need to learn this to keep the forest healthy for us, for wildlife and the ecosystem.

We met with Petr (he has a odd sounding name and I think this is how he spells it) yesterday afternoon to talk about our forests and what he has been doing for them for the former family and what we envision it in time for us. Petr has been cutting and thinning, but he is not really a silvaculture guy. We do not want to fall any of these 100+feet tall trees so we are working on shares at the moment as a deal. He has been thinning and then getting all the firewood which then he sells as agreed from the former owners who wanted the woodlot managed, but they did not burn any. He is pretty knowledgeable however and was happy to know we have logging horses.

Cedar

Cedar:
Animal Husbandry — Learn how to drive a draft horse team - In Progress

Not only did "Whiskers" pick up all 4 feet today (you guys do realize his feet are the size of pie plates?), but he anticipated on 2 of them and shifted his weight over and picked his feet up!! Woo Hoo!

Cedar

viking:
Great pics, When do you sleep?
Its amazing all the stuff you do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version