Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > The .22 Caliber Rifle: An Essential Homestead Firearm

Anyone into 10/22?

(1/7) > >>

SwampMonster:
My dearest wife got me one for my birthday to trick out. So far I have a Tactical Solutions Barrel and compensator with a T-rex stock on order. I also ordered a Barska 10-40x50 IR, SWAT Tactical optic for it. Next will come a Kidd Trigger group and bolt and a TacSol Supressor. Man and I thought AR's were addicting.  I'll post pics of the build as it comes together. I hope to be able to shoot 10rd 1/4" groups at 25yards.

Chuck

punkndisorderly:
I owned a 10/22 with the International Stock for a few years and it never really did anything for me. It always worked and looked great, it just never clicked with me.

That said, about the only firearm I plan to buy in the next year is, you guessed it, a 10/22. I intend to do it up as a trainer with tech sights and a little trigger work.

DeltaEchoVictor:

--- Quote from: SwampMonster on May 14, 2009, 04:32:51 PM ---My dearest wife got me one for my birthday to trick out. So far I have a Tactical Solutions Barrel and compensator with a T-rex stock on order. I also ordered a Barska 10-40x50 IR, SWAT Tactical optic for it. Next will come a Kidd Trigger group and bolt and a TacSol Supressor. Man and I thought AR's were addicting.  I'll post pics of the build as it comes together. I hope to be able to shoot 10rd 1/4" groups at 25yards.

Chuck

--- End quote ---
They are fun little guns to trick out.  Just about as much stuff out there for them as there is for the AR.  I've been thinking of getting another one, I'm currently without one for the moment though. 

Post up pics as you deck it out. ;)

union hill:
I have one that I haven't touched yet. I'd love to put one together with a Gemtech oasis barrel, or gemtech's own build looks pretty cool:

http://www.gem-tech.com/OASIS.html

Jimbo:
 Got one, love it. I'm going to put a pinch of money into it for mods. The mag release is atrocious and a beast to operate up north in the winter, so that will be #1. I would like the bolt to hold open when the mag is empty, so that will be #2. I loathe just about all irons that are on stock firearms, 23 years of Army peeps have ruined me, so eventually the Williams peeps are gonna go for tech sights, which most users rave about.

Aftermarket mags, Steel Lips and my TI Industry 25 rounders work nicely. Hot Lips (which are plastic) wear down with use, can't recommend them. I use .38 spl speed loader pouches for the 10 round factory mags, they work nicely for this purpose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version