Community & Regional Connections > The International Connection

Buying Silver In Australia

<< < (2/2)

bungo:

--- Quote from: johnauck on April 15, 2013, 04:31:49 PM ---Where are people in Australia (in particular Melbourne) buying their silver coins? I have looked at a few online bullion sites but the spreads are pretty savage.

cheers

john

--- End quote ---

Hi John,

There's a coin show on this weekend, at Malvern Town Hall, you might get lucky there:
http://www.apta.com.au/SubMenu/APTA_Melb_Show_Jly2012.aspx?id=192

Otherwise, I usually visit either I.S. Wright in Lonsdale Street, or W. Davis & Son in the Manchester Unity building in Collins Street.

Avoid Downies, they're too expensive!

Good luck,

Bungo

Bugged:
I would suggest the Perth mint if you are looking at buying large quantities such as 1kg bars but I don't like the spreads on coins. 
If you are looking for junk silver, some can be found on ebay if you buy in bulk.  I think this is one of the best places to sell as buyers seem to be willing to pay well over spot in most cases, especially for 1966 round 50cent pieces. 

You could also try the International coin and banknote show coming up in October at Etihad stadium. 
I often attend the Melbourne ANDA coin show and I'm sure many of the dealers would have bullion on hand.

Wild Colonial Boy:

--- Quote from: johnauck on April 15, 2013, 04:31:49 PM ---Where are people in Australia (in particular Melbourne) buying their silver coins? I have looked at a few online bullion sites but the spreads are pretty savage.

cheers

john

--- End quote ---

Hey John, Which way did you end up going? Online or a bricks and mortar store?

If you went online, who did you find good value?

oz_survivalist:
In Melbourne "Gold Stackers" on Collins St are great, if ordering online I like perthbullion and goldstackers for coins and Perth Mint for bars.
I'm not affiliated with any of them but I have used them all for a few years now.
Cheers

Wild Colonial Boy:
I've recently discovered ABC Bullion in Sydney as well.  Some of their pricing seems pretty competitive vs some others but I have yet to pull the trigger and order anything from them.  I can't comment on their service personally but they seem to be rated well on google.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version