Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Emergency Preparations

What do you keep in your BOB (Bug Out Bag) & Why?

<< < (4/110) > >>

Taylor3006:
First off I just wanna say how against bugging out I am. History shows us that refugees are preyed upon and entirely too vulnerable. I do believe in evacuation from hurricanes and the like, but hunkering down at home to me has always been the sane thing to do. I agree with an earlier poster that technically my bag is not a BOB but a "Get Back Home Bag" that I carry in my car. Now with that said, just a couple of comments about bag contents. As a hiker/camper I would ditch all the different hygiene products including deodorant and toothpaste in favor of Dr Bonner's Soap (I prefer peppermint). You can brush your teeth with it, wash your body (including hair), wash clothes or dishes with it. Diluted you can use it as mouthwash. Great multipurpose soap and is much nicer than carrying around a ditty bag full of hygiene products. A small bottle costs around $3 at the health food store and you may wanna buy it first and try it out. If you are not accustomed to essential plant oils, ya may wanna try out the plain soap first as the peppermint or tea tree oil extracts may cause some "warming" of yer private areas. The other thing I always carry into the field is body powder, usually the medicated. When you can not shower, powdering can give you that clean feeling and it is good for the feet. It is cheap and light. I buy the Equate brand at Wally World or the medicated powder at the Dollar Stores. At $1 a bottle it costs so much less than the standard Gold Bond brand (close to $7) that it is truly unbelievable. I have tried the Gold Bond and like it but not enough where it justifies the extra cost.

About using an Alice bag, I love them especially with a frame. The medium sized bag is huge and with a frame I can tote quite a bit of weight comfortably. If you are worried about attracting attention, make or buy a pack cover made of whatever you want. There are some commercial pack covers available at Campmor and the like that will keep the military look to a minimum. Personally I do not worry about this, surplus packs are probably more common than commercial packs and anyone carrying a REALLY nice commercial pack would cause me to look at them a bit.

What's in your bag is secondary to what your are wearing. I keep good sturdy boots with my bag, I prefer Canadian issued combat boots. Feet stay dry and warm when it is cold and comfortable when it is over 100 degrees as well. Stuff a couple pair of good socks in each boot in case you are wearing flip flops or the like when ya need to get out of Dodge. A bag of good hiking clothes that you can change into prior to leaving your vehicle is probably a good idea as well. I keep a pair of cammie pants with a pair of wind pants (the kind that has zippered legs where you can make shorts outta them) in the car as well. If you are worried about the military look, just slip the windpants on over your cammies until you get to the woods. I also keep a pair of Swiss Army gaiters in with my boots, if you never used them, get them. I love my gaiters and think most hikers who have used them do as well.

Never discount the lowly walking stick. You can buy the aluminum ones if you like, personally I love my hickory stick. It was a gift and I tote it every time I hike or just take a walk. There are too many uses for it and have used it for protection more times than my firearms/knives combined. If you don't have a stick, make sure you have a means of obtaining one when yer on the run (ie a good knife).

For those who plan on bugging out, all I can say is good luck. If you have nowhere to go and just kinda plan on living off the land in a national forest during hard times you may wanna read about a fella named "Wild" Bill Moreland. His story may change your mind about heading into the wilderness.

ColdHaven:

--- Quote from: kernal_panic on November 23, 2008, 09:22:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: ColdHaven on November 18, 2008, 10:08:28 PM ---
Some may think that this BOB is lacking however I have developed my own system where my GHB (Get Home Bag) fits onto my ruck via ALICE clips. Here is a link to another forum where posted my GHB. The idea is that if I am away from home then I will have access to my car which has my GHB equipment. Once getting home and I have to bug out then my GHB attaches to my ruck with minimal effort and away I can go.

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34323

--- End quote ---

Ok i realize this is my very 1st post here and you are a mod and this isn't a critique  of you or a personal attack but your BOB is screwed up. let me go through it an explain.

1st off thats thing is really bulky and i'll bet really heavy.

2nd you are missing some really important items.

I'm going to go through your list make some deletions and some additions.
Sleeping Bag - 20 degrees - great if gets that cold BUT the bag you have is super bulky- shop around for a smaller one. I use a 40 degree bag thats about 1/4 the size and weighs 3 pounds.
Tent - Sleeps 2 - thats a pretty bulky and I'll bet heavy tent. there are several good and not expensive 2 man back packing tents in the 4-6 lbs range that are alot smaller than that. as a matter of fact colemans family site (login: family) is having a steep sale for black friday
Lensatic Compass -EXCELLENT!  where are your maps?
Pedometer- what? why? loose it.
E-tool a big what and why but if its something like a s tough sog etool then keep it
4 Canned Heat- bulky and heavy loose it. replace with alcohol or esbit
Canned Heat stove- see above
1 Mess kit- whats in the mess kit? a canteen cup and a spork is all you need.
2 glow sticks- why? you can use them once each. where is your flash light?- replace with an LED headlamp
50 feet of 300 lb test nylon rope with hook on end- ok I like parracord better but to each his own
All purpose gun cleaning kit- how many guns are you bringing? tailor your kit to the firearm being carried
Bottle of hand sanitizer- why? replace with small bottle of soap. hand sanitizer is just hand sanitizer. soap cleans you, clothes, mess kit, etc
1 bottle tylenol
1 bottle antihistamine
1 bottle ibuprofen
1 bottle Multi-vitamin- loose it you don't need it
2 cigar tubes of iodine salt- what? loose it! replace with a few salt packets from a fast food joint
2 emergency blankets- are these the little silver $1 ones or a real one? I carry a heavy duty thick one. the cheapies are just noise producers
2 rain ponchos- you just need 1
1 knife sharpener - a smiths or gerber diamond rod
1 roll fishing line- you don't need a whole roll
1 roll gorilla glue duct tape- you can get a camper sized roll of duct tape at dicks or gander mountian
1 carbiner- what? are you going mountian climbing without a rope? loose it
Package of 50 disposable wipes- loose em see the bottle of soap above
2 Packs of Hot Hands - loose em buy wool mitts
2 Lrg. packs of Hot Hands- same as above buy wool hat
1 waterproof container of matches + striker- get a magnesium fire starter and 2 bic lighters. 1 bic will outlast a box of matches
1 tent hammer- loose it its what a rock is for
Hatchet - loose it. an etool with a sharpened edge works

things you are lacking that are critical:

water purification: get a good filter- tablets don't kill crypto
get some water bladders- you have no water carriers list at all! you can't go more than 3 days without water at best and contaminated water will kill you.
a 1st aid kit. you have no bandages, no antiseptics, nothing but a few pills

you are light on food might want to add some more energy bars and some mountain house meals.

your bob as it is now has got to be heavy I'm guessing 60 lbs?

my 1st interation of a BOB was also ALICE pack based and it weighed 50 LBS!

i'm down to about 25 right now.

--- End quote ---

Alright! Finally a critique! First of all let me say that I do not take this as an attack. Constructive criticism is always welcome so long as it obvious that someone is not being condescending about it or mean. I do not think you are being this way, but let me start out by saying that you must not have read my entire post. There is a link to where I have my GHG. I even stated that in my post. It seems you jumped right to the list without reading anything I wrote in the post. There is a link at the bottom of the post. It goes to here: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34323 I had mentioned at the bottom of my post that there were things that seemed like they were missing from my BOB and that you should go to the link to see the gear that suppliments what I have listed here. Since I had posted it somewhere else I didn't see a need to write all that stuff up again.

For Brevity sake I am only going to respond about those things you critiqued on. Again, thanks!

Bulky means it can carry more, and heavy only depends on what you put in it.

Sleeping bag - its not heavy. In fact, for the size, price, and quality it is the best one for me to purchase. You want bulky and heavy try the sleeping bags the Army issues you.

Tent - I am not sure why you think these items are heavy. The tent weighs less that 5 lbs, and the sleeping bag may weigh 3 lbs. Shelter and keeping warm is very imporant in survival. They are items you need to bring with you if it is going to be a trek to your BOL. Besides, this is a two man tent, but it fits my family pretty good. Maybe not in a few more years, but we will see.

Lensatic compass - Please see http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34323 I am looking for topigraphical maps, but haven't found any yet for my area. These maps I am used to using when I was in the Army. I would have to make due with what I have right now.

Pedometer - Small and weighs about the same as a feather. Simple. If you know how many feet you have traveled and know the conversion to miles then you can estimate how far you have traveled. In fact I am thinking about putting this in my GHB. With a map, Lensatic Compass, and a pedometer you can better track where you are and how far you have traveled.

Standard issue E-tool - My Drill Sergeant taught me too many ways to use this to not bring it with me. You can use this to clear an area to camp pretty quickly. You can chop medium sized branches. You can use it to hammer various things like tent pegs. You can use it to control fire. If for some reason you are caught in a forest fire you can use it to dig a trench around your area. Hell, you can even use it for defense. In my opinion you should have one of these in your BOB, BOV, and BOL.

Canned Heat - I have a budget. It travels good, and is not that heavy. I have thought long and hard about different types of fuel. Canned heat will not spill, and I do not have to worry about it exploding. It can get things just as hot as a stove, and it can even be used to start tender if needed. Each lasts about 2 1/2 hours. After that the empty cans can be used for other purposes (non-food or water related) and can also hold other kinds of fuel such as Kiwi wax, alcohol, or kerosene.

Canned Heat Stove - If you carry canned heat its kinda crazy not to bring something to cook on.

Mess Kit - If you think you will only need a canteen cup then go ahead. I am not going to stop you, but I would like to be able to cook on something. There is also matches in the kit. Included with this is a handy tool that has a spoon, knife, fork, and other utensils. The mess kit also has a cup for drinking soup, it has a frying pan, and eating plate. Its put together and collapes to make the thing about half the size of a regular plate. I also have a P38 can opener in this kit. I am not sure what you are planning to eat on your way to your BOL, but I will be able to eat the full range of canned food, dried food items, and anything I want to cook. I would call this personal preference if it were just me, but since it is my family I need a quicker way to cook things in bulk.

Glow sticks - Yes they can only be used once, but they are to hang outside of my ruck so that those following behind me can see me. Sometimes it is better to not have a flashlight on while traveling at night if that is what you need to do. I learned this idea from the Army. Most of our Kevlar helmets had two glow in the dark patches on the back of a band we wrapped around our helmet. This is so if we were traveling at night that the person behind us would not lose track of the guy in front of him, and so on. I would love to get ahold of one of those on a larger scale so that it could recharge during the day like most glow-in-the-dark stuff. I will have to look into it further.

Rope - Parachord is good. Remember, I am on a budget. If you find any sales on this let me know!

Gun Cleaning kit - I plan to bring one gun of each type. Handgun, Carbine, and shotgun. I know...how am I going to carry all of that? Simple. The handgun fits on my webbing belt for the LCE. I can either hand carry/sling/or put the shotgun across my ALICE pack top. So what about the carbine? My fiancee, soon to be wife. I am teaching her how to use a handgun, and hopefully how to use a .22 and eventually the carbine. So yeah, I need to bring something to clean the stuff I am bringing.

Hand Sanitizer - Soap you need water to clean with. Personally I do not want to waste any more water than need be. Hand sanitizer kills 99.99% of germs. This is the idea in using anything to clean. It can be used to clean my hands quickly before cooking or eating. Its quick, dries easy, uses no water, and in my opinion it does not get your hands cold (which if it is winter you are not going to want to get your hands colder than they already are).

I am going to assume that since you did not list an 'ok' beside the meds or comment on them you are including them in the multi-vitamin statement. Never assume everything is going to go 100% according to plan. Hell, don't even assume 50% of your plan is going to work. Tylenol is acetaminophen. Used in conjunction with caffeine its effects improve. Not astronomically, but better than by itself. Here is a link: http://www.drugs.com/mtm/acetaminophen-and-caffeine.html The same thing with Ibuprofen. You might need pain relief whether it is from fatigue, headaches, or cramps. Antihistamine is for allergies, bites, stings, and they can be broken open and applied directly to the skin. Last is the multi-vitamin. If you think you are going to get all your nutrients and minerals through the food you eat on your way then you might want to think again. Even once you get there you are not going to have all the nutrients you need, and one of those is iodine. I don't know about you but I don't want a goiter the shape of a football.

Tubes of iodine salt - I am not sure how far your BOL is. It could be down the road, mine is many miles, and I like assurances. Salt is good, in small quantaties, to help replenish electrolytes in your body. This is no different an idea than the salt tablets the Army gives to recruits during the hot months of the year. I like to err on the side of caution and have this just in case. Salt packs from restaraunts are too small, and can get wet too easily.

Beef stock - Scratching  your head about this one? One it has salt in it too, but it also has nutrients. We give beef stock to those people in the hospital when they can not keep down solids. Do you think that during the trip someone might not get sick or be in a position where they can not eat solids without vomiting? Its a small bottle if that worries you. I would rather have it and be able to feed someone than not have it and need it.

Emergency blankets - Of course they are the 1 dollar kind. They are there for more than one reason too. They might be noise makers, but if you need to be rescued then they might be handy. They are shiny, warm, and reflective. Sometimes you might want to be found. Need to take that into account. Besides, I have my sleeping bag. If I needed something for warmth I would use that, right?

Rain ponchos - Need only one? I have a family of three. My fiancee, daughter, and myself. Hopefully your planning involves family members also. Mine does.  ;D I  have a army issue poncho that is a part of my GHB. Its not in the picture because there is a link to it.

Knife sharpener - I have one of the easy to use kind. My BOL already has a good knife sharpening kit. This will be light and sufficient to get me to my BOL. (Not to mention cheaper)

Fishing line - Again, multi-purpose. Not only can this be used to fish with, but to tie things, sew things, be used for sutures, and be used to trap animals. The roll fits nicely in the bottom of one of the outer pockets and so does not use that much room. Personal choice, I guess, but I would rather have it than not.

Gorilla Glue Duct Tape - You can also get this kind of duct tape at Wal-Mart. It is super strong, and you won't have to worry about it coming loose. Besides, I also have a smaller amount of this wrapped around a pencil in my GHB in case I need some there. Compact and easy to use. This also fits in the bottom of one of my outside pouches rather nicely. This stuff is too useful not to bring some with you.

Carbiner - First of all I do have a rope. You commented on it a minute ago. Second, this is not a carbiner to climb with. It is used to carry items. What if I need quick access to something? What if for some reason my pack fell and I need to lift it up to me? It has this handy little carbiner attached so all I have to do is lower a hook and pull it up to me. Carbiners are very useful and I want to buy some more soon.

Disposable wipes - Man you are going to be really stinky out there if you do not have a way to bathe yourself, or wipe your behind. You think you are going to go very long without the need to deficate? Hope you brought plenty of corn cobs!

Hot hands - yes, but the thing is that neither gloves nor hats actually generate heat. These do. There is a reason hunters are fond of them. Don't get me wrong. Bring a set of gloves and hat, and they can be used in conjunction for better effect. They stay warm for many hours. These are small enough to place in jackets and gloves. Chalk it up to personal preference if you want.  ;)

Matches and striker - I have a magnesium striker in mh GHB. See: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34323 The matches are there for more than one reason. Try getting a BIC to light easily when it is cold. Its not easy. I know, I am a smoker. The reason for the matches are that in case of the BICs not working from my GHB then I will use these.

Tent hammer - It is also what a E-Tool is for. However, if I need to be vertical and hammering a rock and an E-tool is not going to be as useful. I suppose I could do without it. For now I am keeping it, and probably in my BOV.

Hatchet - Just a minute ago you said an E-Tool wasn't needed. Yes, you can use it to chop. Do I want to? No. I don't want to try and spend hours chopping a thick limb with it. I already did that with my survival knife, and decided I want to have a hatchet. Again you could mark this up to personal preference I suppose. Besides, if your E-Tool becomes stuck in a large limb or tree how do you suppose to get it out and use it again? I never underestimate the probability for any legitimate plan to have setbacks. Why risk losing the E-Tool? I could use the E-Tool and Survival knife to chop. I have done it before. However, I prefer not to have too many blisters. Its convienience mixed with risk management.

Water Filter - I am looking into this. Most filters are pretty expensive. This may be a purchase futher down the line. I do have water tabs in my GHB. It listed here: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34323

No water carriers -  ;) Okay...listed here: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34323 There is a 2 quart container of water in my BOV with water tabs. In my trunk is a 7 gallon container of water. On my LCE there are two 1 quart canteens of water. I have in the house 24 gallons of water. Inside the house I have chlorine for contaminated water in addition to the water tabs in the BOV. I have a 2 1 quart water bottles inside the house also. In all about 32 gallons of water. 8 of those gallons being a part of my bug out gear.

1st aid kit - I have a FAK with tons of useful items, but to your credit I didn't mention it. However, listed here: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34323 there is the GHB load-out with the 1st aid type equipment. Also, there is a complete 1st aid kit under my seat in my BOV. I work at a hospital, which you did not know, and one of the first things I started gathering was medical supplies. Legally of course.

Food, yes I know there is more I should add. I have 9 gallon container with pento beans in them (very useful  to cook with the canned heat), but I am looking into some other things as well. Energy bars only go so far. I have more food in my GHB, but I need to put more in my BOB too. To see the food I have in my GHB go to http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34323 Trail mix does well and that is what I have in my GHB. I have been thinking about purchasing some rations (not MRE's or mountain house) which I have seen online. They supply you with all the nutrients you need per meal. I am still deciding on this.

Gear weight? Probably around that when I add on the GHB. Might be more than that later. 50 lbs was standard carrying weight when we went on road marches. I have read that a good standard to go by is to not pack more than 1/3rd your weight. I weigh 250 and so 1/3rd of that is 83. This has to do with carrying so that it does not make you lose your center of gravity. Your other arguement for this would be could I carry it? I am a pretty hefty guy, but even I would say I need more practice carrying it longer distances than I have. That is why I am thinking of trying to get people from my region together to do Bug out drills and tests. I still would like to see more people in our region in our forum area before I do this though. Everyone could use more exercise including me. So I will give you that, but I still can carry it a good distance without fatigue.

I could see about getting my BOB lighter, or I could also exercise a bit more than I do and carry what I need.

Thanks again for your critique! I like hearing what others think. Also, I have developed a system that works for me and my family, and I like to hear how I can improve. My system of using my GHB as an attachment to my ALICE pack I think is a good one. You have alot of essential gear when you are out, and if you need to get home, but if you need to bug out from there you can attach it to the ALICE pack and go. Also, it would have helped if you would have read that link I wrote in my original post. You would have seen that I am not as under prepared as you thought. I am not a pro, but I am not a newbie either.

I would love to see your pack! If you have been able to work it down to 25 lbs that is great! I would love to learn how to make better use of the space I have. Like I said I am not a pro. Help the thread along and post your BOB. Thanks again for your comments and suggestions!  :D

ColdHaven:

--- Quote from: robt871 on November 23, 2008, 09:57:46 AM ---tylenol and ibuprofen, dont they serve the same purpose

--- End quote ---

Tylenol is better for fevers. Ibuprofen is better for muscle aches and sprains. Both used in conjunction with caffeine are better.

--- Quote from: Taylor3006 on November 23, 2008, 10:34:03 AM ---First off I just wanna say how against bugging out I am. History shows us that refugees are preyed upon and entirely too vulnerable. I do believe in evacuation from hurricanes and the like, but hunkering down at home to me has always been the sane thing to do. I agree with an earlier poster that technically my bag is not a BOB but a "Get Back Home Bag" that I carry in my car. Now with that said, just a couple of comments about bag contents. As a hiker/camper I would ditch all the different hygiene products including deodorant and toothpaste in favor of Dr Bonner's Soap (I prefer peppermint). You can brush your teeth with it, wash your body (including hair), wash clothes or dishes with it. Diluted you can use it as mouthwash. Great multipurpose soap and is much nicer than carrying around a ditty bag full of hygiene products. A small bottle costs around $3 at the health food store and you may wanna buy it first and try it out. If you are not accustomed to essential plant oils, ya may wanna try out the plain soap first as the peppermint or tea tree oil extracts may cause some "warming" of yer private areas. The other thing I always carry into the field is body powder, usually the medicated. When you can not shower, powdering can give you that clean feeling and it is good for the feet. It is cheap and light. I buy the Equate brand at Wally World or the medicated powder at the Dollar Stores. At $1 a bottle it costs so much less than the standard Gold Bond brand (close to $7) that it is truly unbelievable. I have tried the Gold Bond and like it but not enough where it justifies the extra cost.

About using an Alice bag, I love them especially with a frame. The medium sized bag is huge and with a frame I can tote quite a bit of weight comfortably. If you are worried about attracting attention, make or buy a pack cover made of whatever you want. There are some commercial pack covers available at Campmor and the like that will keep the military look to a minimum. Personally I do not worry about this, surplus packs are probably more common than commercial packs and anyone carrying a REALLY nice commercial pack would cause me to look at them a bit.

What's in your bag is secondary to what your are wearing. I keep good sturdy boots with my bag, I prefer Canadian issued combat boots. Feet stay dry and warm when it is cold and comfortable when it is over 100 degrees as well. Stuff a couple pair of good socks in each boot in case you are wearing flip flops or the like when ya need to get out of Dodge. A bag of good hiking clothes that you can change into prior to leaving your vehicle is probably a good idea as well. I keep a pair of cammie pants with a pair of wind pants (the kind that has zippered legs where you can make shorts outta them) in the car as well. If you are worried about the military look, just slip the windpants on over your cammies until you get to the woods. I also keep a pair of Swiss Army gaiters in with my boots, if you never used them, get them. I love my gaiters and think most hikers who have used them do as well.

Never discount the lowly walking stick. You can buy the aluminum ones if you like, personally I love my hickory stick. It was a gift and I tote it every time I hike or just take a walk. There are too many uses for it and have used it for protection more times than my firearms/knives combined. If you don't have a stick, make sure you have a means of obtaining one when yer on the run (ie a good knife).

For those who plan on bugging out, all I can say is good luck. If you have nowhere to go and just kinda plan on living off the land in a national forest during hard times you may wanna read about a fella named "Wild" Bill Moreland. His story may change your mind about heading into the wilderness.

--- End quote ---

Cool I am going to have to look for that stuff! (Dr Bonner's Soap). That would be a pretty handy thing to have, and you're right that would reduce the amount of items in your pack. Where do they usually sell it?

I don't think I have foot powder yet, and it is a great suggestion. We were encouraged to use it alot in the Army. I need to get some for both my FAK, BOB, and BOL. I also need to buy more Moleskin, and thicker socks.

I do have a cover for the pack, but I think it makes it stand out more. I have it because it came with the pack when I bought it. It is supposed to help keep rain and dust out of your pack. You could use the same kind of principle with other material. The cover I have is desert camo. I wonder if I turned it inside out if it would be less noticeable. I think attacting attention is more possible if you have a ton of tactical gear. A BOB by itself is not going to attact attention. Besides, the way I have it set up it looks more normal, at least I think so.

A good pair of shoes is probably one of the more essential parts of your gear. I have a pair of boots in my BOV. I thought about putting them in my BOB but they take up a lot of room. I also have some clothing in my car, but I need to get more cold weather clothing. I have another pair of boots in my house. I can't get away with having boots at work, but thats why there are some extra clothing and boots in my car. I have never tried gaiters, but I hear they are very useful. I never thought about a walking stick either. I might try to get one. Most can attach to your BOB easy.

As a side note, not everyone bugging out is heading to live in the forest. Some of us live in a place where it would not be good to be if some SHTF. I live in a trailer and in most disasters staying there would not be a good idea. I would love it if I could bug in my house, but in most scenarios I have thought about it is not a good idea. Though, if I thought the situation warranted it, I would stay here. I have a BOL and I would head there. If I was away at work or anywere else I would rely on my GHB and BOV to get home to gather equipment, and head to my BOL. If you live at a place that is better to stay than to go then you are blessed and I wished I lived in the same circumstances.

Thanks for the posts! Very good information so far. +1 Taylor on the Dr. Bonner Soap! That is going to save me alot of space.

Taylor3006:
"Cool I am going to have to look for that stuff! (Dr Bonner's Soap). That would be a pretty handy thing to have, and you're right that would reduce the amount of items in your pack. Where do they usually sell it?"

Any health food store should have it, Whole Earth Foods carries it and you could probably find it online. I really love this stuff hell you can eat it as well if you had to. BTW it is nice too for those who have to read something while taking a crap. The label is just covered in writing, lots of it. Some weird stuff, some fun, but everytime I have to "go" in the woods, I always bring my bottle along for reading material. When you get a bottle you will see what I mean. They sell the stuff in small bottles (approx 8 oz sized) all the way up to gallons. You might experiment a bit with the smaller bottles to see which one you prefer. I buy the peppermint and the plain to which I usually add my own essential oils (you can get them at the health food store as well).

As a corpsman I always wanna say powder yer feet however foot powder is designed only for feet (trust me on this, burns yer private areas) and is why I always go for the body powder as you can use it anywhere including feet. Course I always heard from the old timer corpsmen (usually Nam vets) that they used foot powder in the field to kill lice or crabs. Personally I think I would live with the bugs but hey, whatever works.

archer:
What is 'body powder'? I've never heard of it....
I'll have to get some Dr Bonners Soap and try it out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version