Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Lady Survivors

Any Women Homesteading/Prepping Alone?

<< < (4/4)

Morning Sunshine:
welcome Monika.

LvsChant:
Wow, Monika... that sounds like a very interesting project! I wish you success on your homestead...

LoriAnn:
Well, this looks like I might have found my tribe! I just found this forum today. So, I''m widowed and last year moved to Idaho to be closer to my oldest son and his wife. I have 8 acres that hasn't had anyone living here for years. I'm putting in a new garden area, mowing down tall grass, figuring on where and when to get chickens and pigs. I've done the big garden, chickens and rabbits before, but have no experience with pigs. I figured I'd double fence them, and use my electric poultry netting on the outside connected to a battery and solar panel. Worst case scenario (aside from them getting out and getting hit by a car) is that it doesn't work out with them and I eat them when they are still smallish. 
I'm happy to have found this place, and hope to be helpful and get lots of info from everybody here.
~~Lori

Morning Sunshine:

--- Quote from: LoriAnn on April 13, 2020, 06:08:44 PM ---Well, this looks like I might have found my tribe! I just found this forum today. So, I''m widowed and last year moved to Idaho to be closer to my oldest son and his wife. I have 8 acres that hasn't had anyone living here for years. I'm putting in a new garden area, mowing down tall grass, figuring on where and when to get chickens and pigs. I've done the big garden, chickens and rabbits before, but have no experience with pigs. I figured I'd double fence them, and use my electric poultry netting on the outside connected to a battery and solar panel. Worst case scenario (aside from them getting out and getting hit by a car) is that it doesn't work out with them and I eat them when they are still smallish. 
I'm happy to have found this place, and hope to be helpful and get lots of info from everybody here.
~~Lori

--- End quote ---

welcome LoriAnn!  I live in Cache County, Utah if you are in that part of Idaho, and we visit Grangeville every summer, if you are in that part... I have probably driven near to you (but do not feel pressured to give anyone details.). I love northern Idaho, and if I could get hubby to do it, we would move north of Boise in a heartbeat.  I really like the Cascade or Mountain Home area.  And then north of Grangeville.

LvsChant:
Glad you are here, LoriAnn. Looking forward to hearing how it is going for you on your new homestead...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version