Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Communications

The Dedicated Baofeng Radio Thread

<< < (28/29) > >>

Smurf Hunter:

--- Quote from: Carl on October 06, 2015, 06:57:46 AM ---Often the 'disconnect' on the mic plug failure can do this,have you tried an external mic?

--- End quote ---

this happened to me

Carl:

--- Quote from: Smurf Hunter on October 06, 2015, 01:29:02 PM ---this happened to me

--- End quote ---

Performance issues????

Canadian Prepper:

--- Quote from: Alan Georges on October 06, 2015, 05:14:32 AM ---Today's issue of Survival Blog has a short article on making 'fengs more practical and tactical by turning off the lights, beeps, etc.: http://survivalblog.com/letter-getting-practical-and-tactical-with-baofeng-hand-helds-by-wrangler/

Not that I'd trust my life to a Baofeng, but if push came to shove I'd rather have one running in stealth mode.

--- End quote ---

It's not the radio I'd want for an ARES deployment  during a hurricane, but I'm think that it would be a fine radio for a car or keep at work BOB where I'm at. We've got lots of repeaters that can allow for a lot of situational awareness in a pinch if something should happen, and I could always grab my Yaesu HT from home or other radios should the need arise for more serious, long term work.

Alan Georges:

--- Quote from: Chemsoldier on October 06, 2015, 06:52:03 AM ---... ker-chunks the repeater in that mode, but my voice is not being transmitted.

Anyone else have a similar issue? I am still in business since I have three of the things.

--- End quote ---
Carl's probably called it on this one, but I've also heard of the case hole over the mic not being punched out.  Never actually seen it, but it is easy to check.

Chemsoldier:

--- Quote from: Alan Georges on October 06, 2015, 07:33:29 PM ---Carl's probably called it on this one, but I've also heard of the case hole over the mic not being punched out.  Never actually seen it, but it is easy to check.

--- End quote ---
Unlikely since I have succesfully used it many times in the past.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version