Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Communications

The Dedicated Baofeng Radio Thread

<< < (27/29) > >>

Greekman:

--- Quote from: Alan Georges on September 13, 2015, 07:38:19 PM ---Meanwhile, this just in from the Getting to the Point Department: Skip to the 5 minute mark. ;D

--- End quote ---

yes but it makes no sense doing any test without knowing the proper waterproofness ratings.
Skiping at 13:30 one will find the explanation.
in example the GT-3 is IP55 rated.
which means
(5) Dust protected
(5) Water projected by a nozzle (6.3 mm) against enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects.
Water immersion rating is scale 7 and more
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code

Alan Georges:
Today's issue of Survival Blog has a short article on making 'fengs more practical and tactical by turning off the lights, beeps, etc.: http://survivalblog.com/letter-getting-practical-and-tactical-with-baofeng-hand-helds-by-wrangler/

Not that I'd trust my life to a Baofeng, but if push came to shove I'd rather have one running in stealth mode.

Chemsoldier:
So I have a UV-5R that doesn't transmit voice. When I hit the PTT it breaks squelch in simplex and ker-chunks the repeater in that mode, but my voice is not being transmitted.  I am fiddling with the setting to see if I somehow muted the internal mic.

Anyone else have a similar issue? I am still in business since I have three of the things.

Carl:

--- Quote from: Chemsoldier on October 06, 2015, 06:52:03 AM ---So I have a UV-5R that doesn't transmit voice. When I hit the PTT it breaks squelch in simplex and ker-chunks the repeater in that mode, but my voice is not being transmitted.  I am fiddling with the setting to see if I somehow muted the internal mic.

Anyone else have a similar issue? I am still in business since I have three of the things.

--- End quote ---

Often the 'disconnect' on the mic plug failure can do this,have you tried an external mic?

Chemsoldier:

--- Quote from: Carl on October 06, 2015, 06:57:46 AM ---Often the 'disconnect' on the mic plug failure can do this,have you tried an external mic?

--- End quote ---
I will now  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version