Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > ANNOUNCEMENTS

The final days of The Survival Podcast Forum have arrived (probably)

<< < (2/4) > >>

Stwood:

Fixit:
My problem is I run old tech. Things like need want even load. I just don't see the money to to spend hundreds of dollars every few years on new tech. Need just isn't loadable on my iPad 2 or this old fire tablet.

David in MN:
Well it was a telegraphed punch but I am sad. I came here after I lost my corporate job and was putting my life back together such that I'd never be in that horrible position again. In doing so I've worked through some hard times, seen the highest highs, and shared it all with people who were positive. Mistakes were made and I'll freely admit my verbiage was at times regrettable but that was the exception.

Along the way too many people came into my life. Whether that was Cedar giving me advice on Canadian folk music, Carl posting about a new light, Smurf helping me zero a rifle, or Freelancer helping zero in on the best SAK the connection was real. I really like knowing that my mundane stuff like repairing tools, keeping the old tractor running, and keeping the maker flame burning when you're beat is shared. That's a tip of the hat to Red and Stwood; keep on rocking it and know there's a guy in MN turning a wrench too. There are so many others; too many to name.

Those who have been around a while know forum members have seen many life changes for me. I've had a child, lost a grandmother, seen my brother in law deploy twice, had a big family crisis, and had to rebuild my house from storm damage. That with the everyday stuff.

I hope I've provided some value, too. I like to think I can cook quite well and manage money better than most. I've tried not to let the Zerohedge negativity creep in: I think I only let the specific bear come out three times (GE, Boeing, and the curse of my soul Bitcoin) and I hope on all three accounts I helped save money for others. These are hard topics.

I'm rambling again but since it'll be one of my last posts I assume it will be forgiven. Maybe I'm waxing poetical on the zeitgeist I always perceived here but the gemeinschaft was something I valued. Shit, the German philosophy is creeping in. I'll miss you all and when this ship is retired I'll raise a glass of Ardbeg An Oa. Good Scotch.

Greekman:
I willhave to say that the idea of losing the forum does not chime well with me, but that's life

but I will be frank...I have gone through 5 or more such forum changes in my net life, and the rebirth was not the same..
something is lost in the transition and interest drops.
Maybe it is the disruption of the daily habits, I guess.

Anyway..I will be logging in the mewe group right now,
I hope i find you all there!

DrJohn:
Sad to see it go, but I am one that drifted mostly away...  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version