Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Lady Survivors

Why does it seem as if...

<< < (2/7) > >>

archer:
Could also be some of the 'Pirate' Fantasy mystic.

amanadoo:

--- Quote from: Archer on September 13, 2011, 10:23:45 AM ---Could also be some of the 'Pirate' Fantasy mystic.

--- End quote ---

THIS was exactly what I was going to say.

soupbone:
Badger Angel, you are asking the same question that I have been asking almost since my first day on the forum. It seems that there are an awful lot of guys out there who are very willing to resort to violent acts of one form or another, either offensively - as in raiding for supplies - or defensively (and the examples of this are too numerous to mention).

I have often wondered how many of the aforementioned folks have actually used, or been the victims of, the violence they were advocating. My gut tells me there is an inverse geometric relationship between the levels of threatened violence and actual experience with it. If you will notice, there are certain folks on the forum who you just know have "seen the elephant". These people almost never want to resort to violent acts - they will, but only as a last resort.

It's sad, really, and would be funny except that I can see them trying to imprint their views on their families - "No vacation this year, kids, because daddy needs a new main battle rifle, 'cause TEOTWAWKI is just around the corner, and if I don't get this gun, the zombies will eat us........."

I just read the comments, or listen to them, sigh, and chalk it up to inexperience and ignorance mixed with a good dose of testosterone.

soupbone

Thox Spuddy:
It's because when we were little boys they hid Ken & Barbie from us and forced us to play with toy guns and swords. :rofl:

Dawgus:
Not to derail the thread too much, but at least this guy has firearms. I have a good friend who says the same thing.......except he has his sword.  ::)

Seriously...he has this fantasy of defending his home and raiding others, with his sword and Celtic garb ala Braveheart. It makes me chuckle every time he says it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version