Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Transportation

M715 Project

<< < (5/8) > >>

ncjeeper:
Well found out why the speedometer wasnt working. The cable at some point got to laying on the exhaust pipe and melted it. Of course the cable at the t-case was still turning because it was connected to the speedo gear so eventually it just twisted it in two.
It was a major pain in the butt getting the broken piece out since I really didnt have any room to work because of the E-brake set up and the connection is angled up towards the floor. I had to use a mirror and feel and a few cuss words to finally get the little piece out.

Bradbn4:
Just this week I eyeballed a rebuilt version of this in town - no hoops on the back.  Some what better shape paint.  I know I had not seen it in town before, it did take me a few second why the vehicle looked like I had seen some just like it the other day.

Good work, always nice to see these beasts brought back to life.

hillclimber:
I have a friend who has an old 5/4 that he picked up from a local fire dept.
He converted it to 12v and dropped in a smallblock chevy. Sure is fun driving it around with the cab roof removed in the summer. 8)
He's thinking about selling it, but don't tell my wife ::)

ncjeeper:
Yeah the owner was wanting to do a chevy swap (motor, tranny, and t-case) but once the numbers were crunched he decided it was too much right now. He just wants to get it on the road.

ncjeeper:
Well the owner came and picked it up. :'( I did everything he wanted done to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version