Archived Boards (Read-Only) > 13Skills.com

Tracking your progress

<< < (2/4) > >>

fritz_monroe:

--- Quote from: robertov416 on December 04, 2012, 07:21:16 PM ---I started a wordpress blog for me to journal and be able to look back... have done similar things for other endeavors before...

--- End quote ---
I'm going to initially put it on my homesteading blog.  I may create another blog for it, but I think that improving skills is a homesteading activity, even if they are technology skills.

Vulcan:
I did the blog idea, also making a topic here to post results and such. Personally, I like reading up on people's progress.

rikkrack:
I will probably do a blog too. But takes time to post and write up. I also have a project notebook I use when planning projects and ideas (wife made me) to track expenses and stay organized. I tend to start several and then forget a few. So I have a bunch of 1/2 completed projects. The notbook helps track where I leave off. I added my 13 skills tabs to a fresh new notebook and a few pages in between each.

I like reading what others are doing, progressing,a nd it gives me ideas and motivation to work on my own skills. I like reading on here as is a one stop shop rather than a bunch of different blogs and links. Plus you see feedback and coaching from others. It helps.

There is an idea.  Someone with great skills on one subject be a "coach" to others. A mentor. Maybe a place to sign up or thread to offer that help somewhere to people developing that skill. I think Jack said, or wrote something to that effect. I may be wrong.

I got father-in-law to show me welding if I went to the shop with him on Saturdays when he works and help clean up. was a fair deal.

EOTS:
I'm going to track our progress on my blog, too (we signed up as a family, not just me). But I was thinking that it would be really cool to have a simple image -- something like a slider -- where people can have a quick visual snap shot of where we are in progress for each goal.

Guess I'll work on that.

photontorpedotube:

--- Quote from: fritz_monroe on December 04, 2012, 04:08:26 PM ---I'm just posting to ask how you folks are going to track your progress in the 13 Skills challenge.  I see one person's progress thread here.  But wondering how others are going to track progress.

One thing I'd like to see is a way on the 13 Skills site to update progress.  It may be there and I'm not seeing it.

--- End quote ---

A lot of folks have the same idea.  Here is my link, http://chestnutpermiefarm.blogspot.com/2012/12/goal-setting.html, on how I personally intend to track stuff.  I have a "writing" goal so this is one of my skills.  IMO, it relates largely to your ability to set measurable objectives.

--- Quote from: EOTS on December 08, 2012, 06:25:09 AM ---I'm going to track our progress on my blog, too (we signed up as a family, not just me). But I was thinking that it would be really cool to have a simple image -- something like a slider -- where people can have a quick visual snap shot of where we are in progress for each goal.

Guess I'll work on that.

--- End quote ---

Great minds think alike.  I used a gauge chart with a Google Drive spreadsheet to create my graphic at the link above. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version