Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > The Airsoft Forum

Episode 126 All on Airsoft and Shooting

<< < (3/5) > >>

ModernSurvival:
djturnz,

Good suggestion1

jetta2337, 

Glad to see another new shooter about to join the ranks!  Good job, even when it takes years it is always worth it.  On saving pellets the "official answer" is you shouldn't do it, my view is that answer is from suppliers that want more reorders.  I guess if you are shooting a 900 dollar custom gun that is hitting 500+ FPS at hard targets yea, the pellets can be damaged and could damage your gun.

From shooting typical guns (200-350 fps) I know that soft targets seem to do nothing to the pellets.  I have reused many with no trouble.  My method for pellet capture is hang a sheet from the roof behind the targets, then set the bottom of the sheet so there is like a roll at the bottom and hang the front side closer to the shooter.  Hard to explain and I don't have one up in the Garage because we have just been shooting out side.

So here is a drawing from paint of what I mean, (no one is allowed to pick on this drawing I mean it, I know it sucks but I want to be clear as I can for now,  ;))

The object is to get a high backstop from the blanket behind the targets, let the blanket lay on the floor and set the targets on it, then raise up the front side (and the sides a bit really) so the pellets don't get out the bottom.  You can then shoot like crazy and 95% will end up in the bottom of the blanket, which is good even when not reused because they don't end up everywhere.

Mostly now I shoot biodegradable pellets outside and just buy more when I need them, they are way cheap by say a 5000 count or higher.

BigDanInTX:

--- Quote from: ModernSurvival on January 26, 2009, 12:30:18 PM ---So here is a drawing from paint of what I mean, (no one is allowed to pick on this drawing I mean it, I know it sucks but I want to be clear as I can for now,  ;))
--- End quote ---
Behold!!  The power of MS Paint!!  =-P

ModernSurvival:
Shuuuuuuuuuuuut uuuuuuuppppppp (said in a whinny voice)  ;)  I am at home today and don't have PhotoShop or even Paint Shop Pro on this machine.  At least I tried,  ;D

Sister Wolf:
*dead*  :D :D :D OMG.  That is the greatest picture ever.  I need to post that on the fridge.  srsly.

Roswell:
Jack, do you have a link for a good place to get cheap wholesale biodegradable pellets?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version