Author Topic: Anyone else in CO get hit by hail?  (Read 381 times)

Offline CT9A

• Survivor
Anyone else in CO get hit by hail?
« on: July 21, 2009, 06:15:03 PM »
My garden took a pounding last night.  Some of my tomato plants MIGHT survive, but I'm not sure.  Even my apple tree has major limbs down.  I'll try and post some pics later.

Offline minimalist

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: Anyone else in CO get hit by hail?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 07:21:43 PM »
That's too bad. I'm sure it would suck to put a lot of time and effort into a garden and have a hailstorm ruin it.

Maybe you can at least get a new roof out of it. We had hail a few months ago and it seems like every house in town is getting a new roof.

Offline CT9A

• Survivor
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 08:20:05 PM »
Actually, we didn't take any damage to the house at all.  The greenhouse on the other hand.....

CrazyJimbah

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 07:06:31 PM »
a little damage to my garden, too... but luckily my neighborhood missed the most severe stuff that blew out east of CS.

endurance

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 09:10:28 AM »
I was very lucky with this round.  I was finishing my evening walk at about 9:45-10:00 and saw the lightning to the north.  Man I'm glad I didn't get caught out in the middle of that one!  Instead, it passed just barely to the east of me (I'm in Golden) and wreaked havoc in Wheatridge and Lakewood.  I have a coworker in Applewood who took the teeth of it.  He just bought a new 50 year warrantied roof 15 months ago, just painted the house last August, and has a redwood deck that he installed two years ago; all are a total loss.  The hail literally stripped the paint off the north and east side of his house, the roof was a total loss, and the deck looks like it was set out on a driving range for a month or two.  He also replaced all the windows when he moved in (about four years now) but that was a blessing.  Many of the neighbors lost north side windows that just shattered.  He only had one crack, but didn't shatter.  It saved him a lot of interior damage.  It always pays to buy quality!

Offline Heuristic

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 07:46:30 AM »
The hail was unreal here.  It blew out business windows, car windows, made golf balls out of cars, beat trees down, just terrible.   I got my truck in the garage just in time before the storm hit.

I'd really hate being an insurance agent for the next month....