Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > The Homebrewer's Board

What are you brewing?

(1/92) > >>

fritz_monroe:
I'm planning on brewing this weekend.  I have a yeast starter going right now and will probably brew tomorrow.  I also have a pilsner that I need to bottle.  That will probably happen on Sunday.

My batch that I'll be brewing is a pumpkin ale.

Anyone else brewing this weekend?

Hare of Caerbannog:
I have my cave man brewing up and running.
I have a jug of apple juice with a cup of sugar added and I have a jug of cranberry juice with sugar added. Yeast, plastic bag and rubberband, the traditional cave man brew.

Hopefully I don't die of botulism.
 ;D

fratermus:

--- Quote from: fritz_monroe on August 28, 2009, 07:27:36 PM ---I'm planning on brewing this weekend.  I have a yeast starter going right now and will probably brew tomorrow.  I also have a pilsner that I need to bottle.  That will probably happen on Sunday.

--- End quote ---

I'll brew again next weekend.  I am working from small propagated cultures so it takes me about a week (streaking out on a plate, then spinning on a stirplate) to get a pitchable amount of yeast.

This summer I have been concentrating on making beer with a rural/saison culture.  Nice and tangy, horsey, very rural.

fritz_monroe:
Brewed the pumpkin ale yesterday.  I pitched the yeast late.  When I first start a batch fermenting, I put it in the stationary tub.  This morning it was chugging along.  It wasn't anything violent, just a steady ferment.  We went out for a couple hours and when I got home to check on it, I was shocked.  It was no longer bubbling, it was hissing.  The air lock was clogged.  It was lucky that I checked it or it would have blown the lid off the bucket.  I pulled the air lock, sanitised a blow off tube and installed that.  It is one of the most violent fermentations I've ever had, even more than the wheat beers that I've done.  Simply amazing.

jetta2337:
Just bottled the coffee porter. Have a bourbon porter in the secondary. Have a honey ale that needs to get done along with a Irish red. Brew buddies have a Oktoberfest that need done and tonight we are making a watermelon wine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version