Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic

Covid- 19 Staycation What have odd things have you run out of?

<< < (2/20) > >>

Ken325:
My bathroom shower has developed a slow leak.  I am locked in the house with time to do a big project, but I need hardware and tile to redo the bathroom.

Other than this my biggest problem is getting bored with food storage stuff.  People were not wrong about this in the survival books.  I'm having lots of weird cravings.  Things like apples, ice cream, bread, buffalo wings, and tacos.  Is it worth the risk of a trip to the grocery store?  About 300 known infected people in my county and I am in a high risk group.  I'll stay home and have more canned chili and some rice.

Stwood:
Fairing well here. Too early in the game to be running out of anything for us.

I expect the first to go will be the cola, corn chips, packaged cheese.
Have other drink mixes stored away, have cookie making's, but nothing to replace cheese. I always shied away from the dried LT cheese in the #10 cans, due to the high prices.

I'm sure there will be something else in the next couple of weeks.

Redman:
Just back from Kroger while ago. Name brand soda was plentiful, no store brand. Cheese and chips in good supply in that store.

Stwood:

--- Quote from: Redman on March 24, 2020, 08:59:54 AM ---Just back from Kroger while ago. Name brand soda was plentiful, no store brand. Cheese and chips in good supply in that store.

--- End quote ---

Some time ago I had been searching for another brand of good corn chips after Mission decided to end there's, or to not ship here.  ???
Anyways, I landed on GV's Bite Size corn chips which have a great flavor.
And of course, they were all sold out when I was there, so picked up the lookalike Tostoito? chips. Haven't tried them yet. 

suzysurvivor:
onions.  i always have tons of onions.

and now i have none.  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version