Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > The Homebrewer's Board

Made my first true mead

<< < (2/6) > >>

fritz_monroe:
There's bubbling in the airlock this morning.  It's very slow bubbling, just a bubble per minute, but it shows me that the ferment has started.

archer:

--- Quote from: fritz_monroe on April 21, 2015, 03:10:52 AM ---There's bubbling in the airlock this morning.  It's very slow bubbling, just a bubble per minute, but it shows me that the ferment has started.

--- End quote ---

great!

Cedar:

--- Quote from: fritz_monroe on April 21, 2015, 03:10:52 AM ---There's bubbling in the airlock this morning.  It's very slow bubbling, just a bubble per minute, but it shows me that the ferment has started.

--- End quote ---

RESIST the temptation to bottle it for a great long while. It can become a bomb in a bottle. They are notorious for restarting themselves long after you think they are done.

Cedar

archer:
patience... patience..

prepperpam:
I just started my first mead last week too!  15# honey in 5 gal, but I used liquid Mead yeast, and some nutrient and energizer.  Took 2 days to get bubbling, but SG has dropped now from 1.100 to 1.085!  My instructions say to add some more nutrient when SG drops by 1/3 to keep feeding those yeasts. 
I have made wine before, but not Mead.  Pretty excited. Plus I like stirring it daily.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version