Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Emergency Preparations

Giving the Gift of Prepping - Gifts

<< < (2/18) > >>

Alan Georges:

--- Quote from: Alan Georges on October 26, 2014, 04:12:23 PM ---ThinkGeek always has some practical preparedness gift items, including the dread titanium spark spork:

--- End quote ---
Gah, autocorrect.  I loves it and then I hates it.

Chemsoldier:

--- Quote from: Alan Georges on October 26, 2014, 08:39:15 PM ---I hates it.

--- End quote ---
The autocorrect...it burns us.

Alan Georges:

--- Quote from: Chemsoldier on October 26, 2014, 08:44:08 PM ---The autocorrect...it burns us.

--- End quote ---
But it is precious, precious almost as much as the titanium spork!

ShannonB:
I made a "Light Box" for an elderly neighbor couple last year. During a fall storm they sat at my house because they had no power AND no back up lights.

Plastic shoe box with a snapping lid contained 2 of the tall glass religious candles (unscented and burn 8 hours) one box of water proof matches, two small flashlights and two headlamps, and extra batteries for both.

This spring he came over to tell me he used his box and was so grateful for it.

Chemsoldier:

--- Quote from: ShannonB on October 26, 2014, 10:08:57 PM ---I made a "Light Box" for an elderly neighbor couple last year. During a fall storm they sat at my house because they had no power AND no back up lights.

Plastic shoe box with a snapping lid contained 2 of the tall glass religious candles (unscented and burn 8 hours) one box of water proof matches, two small flashlights and two headlamps, and extra batteries for both.

This spring he came over to tell me he used his box and was so grateful for it.

--- End quote ---
+1

I am so using that.  "Give the gift of light this Christmas."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version