Energy Options > Solar Power

Solar Well Pump Ideas

<< < (4/7) > >>

Jazkal:

--- Quote from: danielle89506 on July 13, 2009, 10:27:12 PM ---The basic tenant is that he load shifts our efficient yet power hungry ac well pump to our auto-start backup generator.  In the summer time it makes the generator run about 20 min every other day.  As it runs it also tops off our battery bank.  The controller he came up with keeps our 1500 gallon above ground storage tank full and we use an efficient centrifugal 1/2 hp pump running off of the batteries and inverter to pressurize our domestic water.

--- End quote ---
What size generator are you running for this?

phargolf:

--- Quote from: danielle89506 on July 13, 2009, 10:27:12 PM ---Here is an idea that has revolutionized our water system we have a 450' well that we felt was not cost effective at solar.  Not to mention we need quick volume for fire suppression and with livestock and our irrigation.
The solar guy we used came up with a device that was added to our off-grid system that has now be in service for 3 or so years.
The basic tenant is that he load shifts our efficient yet power hungry ac well pump to our auto-start backup generator.  In the summer time it makes the generator run about 20 min every other day.  As it runs it also tops off our battery bank.  The controller he came up with keeps our 1500 gallon above ground storage tank full and we use an efficient centrifugal 1/2 hp pump running off of the batteries and inverter to pressurize our domestic water.

Best $700.00  we spent in reference to our water issues

his info by the way  universalenergyonline.biz

cheers

Dani

--- End quote ---
Nice setup , do you use a regular water pressure tank for home use?

oktheniknow:
Interesting post. Have started to look into as we have a well dug in the '60s. Think it is a 275 foot shallow well, straight T type. Has 230volt pump attached to 44 gallon tank.
Any suggestions on how much solar power/panels & batteries would be needed for a backup? Looking into that Bellocq pump.

CdnGuy:
The company I work for uses a type of electric motor to pump chemicals into gas and oil wells. We power it with a 180 watt panel and 2 x 100 Ah batteries. It can do up to 720 litres a day with our motor controller on it. I don't know what it can do with the controller, maybe more. It's a positive pressure pump and can inject thick chemicals into wells pushing several hundred psi back on the pump.

I'll look into this a bit further and find out if it'd be any good for your application. If it is, I'll post the pump manufacturer here.

oktheniknow:

--- Quote from: danielle89506 on July 13, 2009, 10:27:12 PM ---Best $700.00  we spent in reference to our water issues
his info by the way  universalenergyonline.biz

--- End quote ---
That site is offline by the way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version