Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Primitive Skills & Earth Skills

PSA We bought 30 acres and it's kicking my butt

<< < (2/5) > >>

endurance:
Yep, putting in my garden was the best upper body workout I've ever had.  When I first started clearing it and digging the beds, I'd go for about five minutes swinging a pick, stop for ten minutes and recover and repeat.  You just don't realize how soft your office job is making you until you're forced out of it and do some serious walking, digging, carrying, lifting, grubbing, etc.  That's when the lessons come.

bigbear:
 :)  Guilty!  Splitting wood kicks my butt every year!

xxdabroxx:
Yup, I've been doing an interior remodel on the house I bought.  It turned out to be more of a mess behind the drywall than I thought and it's taking a lot of labor to get it livable.  Moving, mixing, and pouring the concrete for the 18" tall perimeter footings to match up with the existing wood floor is no joke.  Then backfilling them with sand and rock to cap with a concrete slab.  Then building the walls and hanging drywall, tile, etc is tiring too.  Hanging drywall on the ceiling by yourself will give you a good whole body workout.  Particularly when you find out the walls are the shape of a parallelogram.  Gotta love old construction. 

Cedar:
I so can hardly wait until I can start posting my new thread about my new home. I need to get pics and such up and I have not had enough time to do that yet. One day though you will see my new 'homestead'... *L*.. you guys will so think I am crazy.. This place is more work than any other place I have lived. Ever. Currently all off grid and having to haul water.

Cedar

Ms. Albatross:

--- Quote from: Cedar on October 24, 2015, 10:17:42 AM ---I so can hardly wait until I can start posting my new thread about my new home. I need to get pics and such up and I have not had enough time to do that yet. One day though you will see my new 'homestead'... *L*.. you guys will so think I am crazy.. This place is more work than any other place I have lived. Ever. Currently all off grid and having to haul water.

Cedar

--- End quote ---

Looking forward to seeing/hearing about the new homestead.   :)
Hauling water - Yikes!   :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version