Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Primitive Skills & Earth Skills

Which two tools would you take

<< < (2/27) > >>

Louisiana Suvivor:
Chocolate on the way! no seriously if i had to bring only two tools they would have to be:

axe- splinting wood and to take down trees for a shelter
field knife- for breaking down what ever meat i trapped or killed

i didn't pick a gun bc eventually you will run out of ammo. i'm a culinary student and know how to break down any piece of meat....if you can break down a chicken you can break down anything. i like the idea of traps better than guns.....fun, keep you occupied, and quieter.

Jack Crabb:

--- Quote from: rustyknife on February 20, 2009, 10:47:48 PM ---I could shoot black powder or smokeless powder in the shotgun, could also saw off the barrel some if need be without ruining any rifling, single shot for dependability.

As far as the machete goes can do more with it than a straight knife.  I got the idea for this post from another site. The discussion was about third world tribes and how they survive and view their world. One thing I noticed was that they don't carry alot of stuff. While researching the native American tribes that lived in eastern Oregon I discovered that the women didn't carry their grinding bowls from place to place. They left them where they spent the summer, just turned them over so it looked like a rock in the ground to a passerby. Stuff like that.

When I am out practicing my bushcraft I try to get by on as few gadgets as possible, just for practice in thinking outside the box. IMHO

--- End quote ---

Good points.

I think a lot of the choice will be determined by where you are.  The guy on the ocean has different needs from the guy on the plains, etc.

TXChikk:
For the sake of answering the question:

My Ka-Bar & a map

johnnyb_good30:
here in the northwest on the coast i would have to say an plasky and a lethermen. plasky is like a firemans axe. it will chop and dig i allways carry one in my truck.

Dirt Rider 3006:
Here in New England... 10/22 (can carry lots of ammo easily) and my Ka-bar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version