Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Do It Yourself - Projects, Ideas and How To

Trekker's Tripod

(1/2) > >>

Dirt Rider 3006:
Yesterday I made myself a Trekker's Tripod. I got the idea from Wilderness Outfitters. http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=wildernessoutfitters&view=videos

His guy is the best.

However, I did not use a hot campfire and a camp axe to make mine, I used an oxy-acetelene torch, a vise, bandsaw and a disc sander. I made them out of 1/4" diameter stainless bar.

Here's a pic of the set up in Tripod Mode.

A close up of how the ends are bent.

Now using the three pieces to cook some raccoon.
PLEASE NOTE: No stuffed animals were harmed while documenting this project. They were returned to my daughter as they were found.

All three pieces tucked neatly inside my sleeping pad.

These should come in handy pretty soon. We have lots of camping and canoeing adventures planned for this year.

archer:
That's great Dirt Rider!! +1
I need to look into this.
I had to show the pictures to my pics. They laughed over your 'meat' selection.

firetoad:

--- Quote ---
--- End quote ---

That rocks!!!   ;D

+1  Very nice work DR!  Thanks for sharing!

--- Quote ---I had to show the pictures to my pics.
--- End quote ---

Archer, I always new you were a little off, but now you are showing pictures to your pictures?!?!?   ;)

archer:

--- Quote from: firetoad on January 10, 2009, 01:10:19 PM ---[

--- Quote ---I had to show the pictures to my pics.
--- End quote ---

Archer, I always new you were a little off, but now you are showing pictures to your pictures?!?!?   ;)

--- End quote ---

Yes, I'm too broke to afford kids, so I have pictures of other people's kids so I can act like they are my kids....
Or that Im still sleep deprived after working 19 hrs Thurs night.... Yeah. I'll stick to that excuse.... I'm going to hide my head under the covers now...

BigDanInTX:
That really is great.  The tripod itself is brilliant and then add in the spit and it's gold.  =-]

Thank you for posting this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version