The TSP Marketplace > Western Botanicals - Sponsored Board

The Truth About Cholesterol

<< < (2/3) > >>

tipafo:
Since my Dad's triple bypass I've heard the word "cholesterol" thrown around too much by medical staff, with too little context given as to why cholesterol exists in the first place.  Only recently with my own meager research have I realized the stuff is natural and has an actual function in the body.  This is never mentioned in medical consultations, in my experience.   You're just told to limit (severely) any potential sources of cholesterol, which is practically everything edible it seems, then given a bottle or two of pills, and sent on your way until the next phase of degeneration takes hold.

Thank you for this post.

sdcharger:

--- Quote from: herbdoc on May 26, 2010, 05:01:33 PM ---Turmeric: promotes wound healing. Turmeric promotes cardiovascular health. A clinical studies show that turmeric lowers cholesterol and triglycerides levels in nearly all cases. Patients reported reduced angina.

--- End quote ---

Dr. C,

Is there a good source of turmeric supplement?  I already use it in cooking when I can but it doesn't translate well in many recipes.

Moonvalleyprepper:
Great post!

Very informative, I have heard a lot of this else where, but not in such a concise way.

I didn't get a hint of fear mongering from that. You can tell me aspartame is harmless, and I can tell you every time I consume it I get a splitting headache, but perhaps I'm just weird.

16onRockandRoll:

--- Quote ---I didn't get a hint of fear mongering from that. You can tell me aspartame is harmless, and I can tell you every time I consume it I get a splitting headache, but perhaps I'm just weird.
--- End quote ---
Perhaps you have an allergy?  I know people who have the same reaction to it.  But I also know people who have similar reactions to a lot of different things.  My mom gets an honest-to-God migraine from eating any sort of dairy.  Does that mean dairy is bad and poisonous and everyone should not eat it? No, but she shouldn't.  And I would recommend that you stay away from aspartame, though I'm sure you don't need my recommendation ;)

RitaRose1945:

--- Quote from: Moonvalleyprepper on December 03, 2012, 06:15:37 AM ---Great post!

Very informative, I have heard a lot of this else where, but not in such a concise way.

I didn't get a hint of fear mongering from that.

--- End quote ---

I didn't get that impression either.  I've been looking into aspartame and nutrition in general for about 15 years now, and what I have seen doesn't make me feel at all comfortable consuming it.

I don't drink sodas anymore, just plain carbonated water, and I avoid both sugar and artificial sweeteners.  you just get used to the natural sweetness in a little bit of berries or a juicy pear.  My moods are more even, I don't get headaches when my blood sugar drops (since it's stable all day) and my triglycerides are great, which is way more important than my total cholesterol number as far as longevity is concerned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version