Author Topic: My preps are eating their preps, SHTF.....?  (Read 5577 times)

millerized1

My preps are eating their preps, SHTF.....?
« on: October 05, 2008, 08:52:26 AM »
So you know TSHTF is coming when your preps start eating their preps. :o
Setting on the easy chair this AM, watching the world wake up on the internet and around me, when my heightened senses (caffeine induced) detected movement to my right. Many hours of tactical training come into play....I tossed the coffee down (my gullet), quickly logged off the computer (after waiting, of course, for windows to update.....................) and took a defensive position (in the  screen door) and drew down (with the camera).

2 barely year old deer in the front yard (boy and girl) wolfing down on acorns. Huge acorn crop this year, not sure why then felt the need to come into the front yard when there's 5 times the acorns in the back. Back woods must be the pantry this year, and the front being the fridge....unless the deer-ple have already eaten through their preps  ;D

Bighorn

Re: My preps are eating their preps, SHTF.....?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 11:48:51 AM »
Oh Yeah. I enjoyed drinking my morning coffee while watching dinner wander around the yard also.

SwampMonster

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 12:49:28 PM »
Lucky you all I have to watch are tree rats. it's a good thing, my wife and I have an understanding, I'm not allowed to kill any wildlife in the yard. But the neighbors cats are going to find a .22 in them soon if they don't stop eating my Blue Birds.

Swamp

millerized1

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 03:11:15 PM »
Lucky you all I have to watch are tree rats. it's a good thing, my wife and I have an understanding, I'm not allowed to kill any wildlife in the yard. But the neighbors cats are going to find a .22 in them soon if they don't stop eating my Blue Birds.

Swamp
Can of cat food, bit of hot pepper sauce mixed in.  Amazing what they WON'T eat after that.

I trapped out (live trap, mind you) my neighbors cats.  Take the cats to their front door, present them to the neighbor.  Cage them, leash them or keep them indoors, your choice.  Humane society, my choice.  They charge a $50 "let me come home" fee for all -found- animals.  Amazing how rich some people are around here.

I have 12 cats, and not one of them eats THEIR cats food or their birds. (indoor)

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 09:44:25 PM »
Gosh I miss the "deer in the front yard days".  Being condemned to dwell in the 'burbs these days, the opportunities to see deer from the living room are nonexistent.

Offline Beetle

• Proud Grandpa
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 12:32:40 AM »

Use to be a herd of about thirty, but I think poachers got em. At least they are coming back.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 12:38:35 AM by Bailey »

Bighorn

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 08:17:49 AM »
I just found deer tracks in my garden.  >:( And 6 mounds of pickling cukes are missing all the leaves. I guess the fence didnt do its job.  It time to run a hot wire.

millerized1

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 08:48:30 AM »
If you remember to turn it off........
A flyback transformer out of an old TV or computer monitor works just FINE for killing, uh, I mean deterring forest rats deer.  Take the large red lead and attach it to your fence.  DO NOT TOUCH THE FENCE TO TEST IT unless you like urine soaked shoes :o :o :o

Seriously, don't touch it.  It is just a RCH short of deadly, and I ain't kidding here.   You'd be surprised what will still be laying there in the AM. 

Offline Beetle

• Proud Grandpa
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 07:20:08 PM »
Yeah but what about Elk???lol