Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Lady Survivors

Overlooked Preps for Ladies

<< < (8/8)

Frugal Upstate:
Some really good ideas in here, but there is one thought I just had and I didn't see it listed (although I may have missed it): 

OTC products for yeast infections

While not seriously life threatening, they can be mighty uncomfortable.

Another thought depending on your stage of life and who you are prepping for might be pregnancy tests. 

ttubravesrock:

--- Quote from: AvenueQ on October 03, 2013, 01:24:08 PM ---Keep an extra month's supply of birth control, if you use it. You'll probably have to get it directly from the prescribing clinic as pharmacies will usually only give you one refill every 28 days.

--- End quote ---

skip a month every once and a while but keep refilling your prescription.
after a couple years you could easily have a three month supply. Just make sure to use a FIFO system to keep your stockpile fresher.

GudrunHrafn:

--- Quote from: Frugal Upstate on March 18, 2014, 10:27:51 AM ---Some really good ideas in here, but there is one thought I just had and I didn't see it listed (although I may have missed it): 

OTC products for yeast infections

While not seriously life threatening, they can be mighty uncomfortable.

--- End quote ---

Okay, here's what I'd suggest. If caught early, a liberal application of a live active culture yogurt should clear it up and soothe the irritated tissue. If that doesn't do it, then Tea Tree Oil is an outstanding anti-fungal (yeast is technically a fungus). Tea tree oil can be applied to the skin without being diluted, but on tender tissue or broken skin it will sting like all get out. We consider a supply of Tea Tree Oil an essential household resource. These are only for surface type yeast infections -- if you get an internal one, you'll need to resort to other remedies and be aware that they can contribute to more significant infections of the bladder and kidneys. With both ideas, YMMV and should not be construed as medical advice -- these are suggestions for your own research.

MyFreedom:
Why not just tone your pelvic muscles and learn to pee like a man? I can do it ;)

CoveredBridgeMeadows:

--- Quote from: TheBippy on October 03, 2013, 11:48:16 AM ---Rasperry leaf tea is a real life saver. It's stopped me from killing my PMS-ing 13 year old daughter. :D Okay, maybe I was PMSing too.

It seems to be the only thing other than really high levels of ibuprofen that even slows down my cramps, when they get bad.

--- End quote ---

Does anyone know if it is only Raspberry specifically or does black-raspberry and/or blackberry work also?  They are very closely related.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version