Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Emergency Preparations

Document Package Phone Numbers

<< < (12/14) > >>

bartsdad:

--- Quote from: idelphic on February 04, 2013, 03:38:24 PM ---Angus - Would you know if you can get a replacement DD214?  I'm sure I have mine..  but curious.

--- End quote ---
http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/about-service-records.html

AngusBangus:

--- Quote from: idelphic on February 04, 2013, 03:38:24 PM ---Angus - Would you know if you can get a replacement DD214?  I'm sure I have mine..  but curious.

--- End quote ---
The link above will get you to the federal records. The VA in the state of your home of record should have also received one. That might be easier for you to get.

idelphic:

--- Quote from: bartsdad on February 05, 2013, 12:07:57 AM ---http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/about-service-records.html

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: AngusBangus on February 05, 2013, 09:26:31 AM ---The link above will get you to the federal records. The VA in the state of your home of record should have also received one. That might be easier for you to get.

--- End quote ---
Thanks Guys,..  In the mail / order / fax it goes.  Been needing to get it completed..

AshenChore:
I've been using KeePass to store information.  It is free.  (http://keepass.info/) You can keep it on a flash drive and print out the info right from the application.

It isn't meant as an address book but I am using it like one.  What is nice about it: small application, creates an encrypted database, you only ever have to remember one password to access all your other passwords.

It allows you to enter web site addresses and user names and passwords, then with a few shortcut keys built in it will open web sites and enter your logon info for you.  It does keep passwords **** over by default.

TrueCrypt is nice too, as mentioned in an earlier post, and it is free.  I use that also.  It will allow plausible deniability by never changing the created and modified date of the storage file even after modifying files kept in it.

One more security mention for passwords, it has been shown that stringing together four common words into a single string, like: dinosaurhookglassshoe, is as secure as using a mixed set of characters, like: 63!ng6@d, and easier to remember so you don't always have to look up your passwords from file.

Best Regards
Ashen

Hurricane:
Somthing I did not notice in the various lists of documents is a detailed work history.
Not just your resume, but all the names, addresses, etc. of everywhere you have ever worked.
Also the last known status of the company. I have a discouraging percentage which are closed, sold, vanished, etc.
If things are so bad that you can't go home, and have to get a job in another state, detailed references might be necessary.

The Social Security office can help you research this, but their fees can be tricky. IIRC, if you call them, it's free. If you go in to get a hard copy, $$.

Schools you attended, including one-shot night courses. Is the school still functioning? Who has the records?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version