Author Topic: Charbroil 2 burner Tru-Infrared  (Read 1851 times)

Offline eagle2_ga

• Fledgling Prepper
Charbroil 2 burner Tru-Infrared
« on: May 13, 2015, 06:06:42 PM »
If you've been thinking about getting this grill, now is the time (May 2015).  Home Depot has it on sale now for $199 in Georgia... on Amazon the same grill is over $330.  I checked three stores in the metro ATL area and all had a few in stock... so now's your chance to get one on the cheap if you've been thinking about getting this grill.

This is one of the grills Jack recommended in his podcast dedicated to grills.  I haven't had a chance to use it yet.  Just got it home tonight, hooked it up, and lit it.  I'll test it tomorrow night.

Offline 16onRockandRoll

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Prepper Wannabe
Re: Charbroil 2 burner Tru-Infrared
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 12:36:19 AM »
You're going to love it!  Does it have the porcelain-coated cast grates, or the SS?  I have seen various versions in different stores that have either.  Mine has the cast, and it is amazing.  I have always been good on the QUE, but WOW, this thing is incredible.  You can fill the burner tray with soaked wood chips, and run one burner on low, and it makes a darn decent smoker.  I had the grill full, so I kept both burners on low, and it still managed to maintain 280-300 degrees (get an aftermarket thermometer, esp for smoking.)  Next time I'll try one burner with the food on the cooler side, and I bet I can keep it down to 250ish or lower for a nice long smoke.  Give it a couple more minutes to heat up than most non-IR grills, and hit the grates with some light olive oil or something before you add the food, as it does stick a bit.  That infrared tray is amazing.  The food never sees the actual fire, so you almost can't overcook it, and you NEVER get flareups (maybe with woodchips, but not at reasonable smoking temps), but the food still tastes BBQ'ed.  We are completely happy with ours.