Author Topic: Everstryke Match  (Read 15077 times)

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
Re: Everstryke Match
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2015, 12:19:47 PM »
Quite a few are not happy with them...

http://www.scambook.com/company/view/101308/Survival-Life

That's troubling.

On the other hand, scambook.com itself has been accused of being an extortion site, and its cofounder was linked to (althogh not prosecuted for) a "phone cramming" scam last year.

Hard to know what to believe.  If any of you responded to their ad for the free-plus-shipping Everstryke Match, and are having problems as a result (other than e-mail spam -- I mean, you sorta expect that from "free" offers), please let us know.

Just so everyone understands, an ad on the forum is NOT an endorsement from the mods and admins.  It's just an ad.  We don't have the resources to do more than a cursory check on any advertiser.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2015, 12:32:25 PM »
Most folks know there is no free lunch and recognize such opportunity/advertisers....maybe they will be good this time,
even though a quick Google search doe not improve the view.

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2015, 03:44:10 PM »
I had trouble, they did not put sufficient postage on the ones sent here and now we owe the post office for postage due.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2015, 07:49:29 PM »
One of the great things about these is that it can use a variety of liquid fuels.  Even 91% isopropyl alcohol from a pharmacy works well.  This makes it an especially good item to pair with a soda can stove: http://www.thesodacanstove.com/alcohol-stove/how-to-build.html

Another good thing is that it can act like a traditional firesteel.  In fact, you can pull out the firesteel on it (it is lightly glued in and pops out) and replace it with a larger, better one.

On the negative side, it is a two hand ordeal. This makes it less than an ideal primary fire source where you typically want to be able to use just one hand in case of injury.  It is hard to beat something like a good piezoelectric butane lighter for this reason.

Offline trekker111

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2015, 08:09:00 PM »
I just pulled mine out. It was last filled late september/ early October of 2014. As of today 4/16/2015, there is no appreciable or noticible, evaporation of the fluid.

A zippo, while much more convenient, would have needed refilled several times in that time period just due to evaporation.