Energy Options > Other Energy Sources

Generator deaths in Florida

<< < (2/2)

machinisttx:
Putting a CO detector/shutdown device on a CO producing tool intended for outdoor use is on par with making sure all your knives are dull. Why do I suspect this guy has some sort of ties to a company that would produce such a device for sale?

@ Alan Georges: I like that quote.  :)

Carl:
  You just can't legislate or regulate stupidity and artificial intelligence will always meet it's match with natural stupidity.

suzysurvivor:
actually, nursing homes don't have people on life-support in them.  Those acute cases are in hospitals.  A generator in a nursing home is just to keep the lights on and food storage/preparation. 

Citizen Zero:
In response to iam4liberty

--- Quote ---Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.
-Robert A. Heinlein
--- End quote ---

What about the numerous warning stickers that are placed on the devices, and how many more warnings are in the manual that most don't bother to read?

In cases like this, ignorance is fatal. Yes, it sounds harsh for me to say that, but if one is to survive you need to observe the safety rules for the technology that you choose to implement. Ignorance will generally ensure that you are subject to the fore-mentioned quote (not to mention those that you take down with you in the process) >.<

As always, just my $.02

C0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version