The TSP Marketplace > Backyard Food Production

Sugar Addiction

<< < (6/8) > >>

GreatScot!:

--- Quote from: Sister Wolf on January 05, 2010, 06:44:12 PM ---I agree with this 100% completely and absolutely.

--- End quote ---
I know I'm several months late in getting in on this little discussion, but I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth, that being - rather than completely eliminate something that I have a taste for that might be "bad" for me, take a more moderate approach. From bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers, to 18 year old scotch - Moderation is the key!

Tommy Jefferson:
I have LIVED no sugar.  It is amazing.

When I first got married I discovered that my new wife suffered from severe hypoglycemia.  I learned about it the first time I was sitting on the toilet and she crashed into the tub while she was showering next to me.  She literally blacked out and became unconscious.  Very scary. She told me it happened frequently.

Then in 1986 I read a book call Sugar Blues.  (Amazon link)  That book changed our lives.

I resolved for one solid year to eat NO sugar and to avoid high glycemic index foods.  I did it.

It was amazing.  I suffered withdrawal symptoms for a month, but it was worth it.  Within 3 months carrots began to taste like candy.  Corn was unbearably sweet.  A sip of Coke made me nauseous.

I can't explain how your body changes.  It would be like trying to explain what walking feels like to a person bound to a wheelchair from birth.  A person must experience it to understand.

Humans developed for 100,000 years without refined sugar or processed grains.  Our bodies are specifically designed to maintain proper blood glucose levels from eating only complex carbohydrates, fat, and protein.

I DARE EACH OF YOU to try it for three months.  It's very simple.  Eat nothing with sweetener added.  Avoid anything white (tortillas, pancakes, cornbread, loaf bread, etc).

No artificial sweeteners such as Cyclamate, Saccharin, Aspartame, or Sucralose.  The idea is to stop killing your sense of taste the way a Heroin addict kills their sense of pleasure.

You will be amazed when your taste buds reawaken.  All foods will taste better.

tamo42:
+1 for no sugars.  Yes, your glucose (usually) runs on glucose, but the amount necessary is so small (approx 1 tsp circulating in your blood), you certainly don't need sugar or bread to get it.  Eating your veggies will provide all the carbs you need.  I don't eat sugars, grains, or legumes while I do eat lots of meat, veggies, fruits, fish, and tons of high quality animal fat.  This has allowed me to effortlessly lose 45 pounds in the past year.

Sugar is absolutely an addiction, and it takes many forms.  The insulin cycle that gives you that first rush and leaves you crashed 2 hours later is the same thing that happens when taking any other sort of addictive substance.  The progressive resistance is the same, too.  You need more and more to achieve the same high.

GreatScot!:
Congrats Tamo42 on the weight loss. That's a battle I am facing. What is high quality animal fat? does this mean my rib eye off the grill is really OK. And seriously, where do my poppers and scotch fit into your diet?

Heavy G:

--- Quote from: Tommy Jefferson on August 07, 2010, 11:03:39 AM ---
Eat nothing with sweetener added. 

--- End quote ---

Splenda is your friend.  Tons of foods come "No Sugar Added."  It's relatively easy to find food that doesn't have sugar added.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version