Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Show Discussions, Fan Mail and Topic Suggestions

Prepping is not Dead only Dormant with Trump in office.

<< < (3/3)

LvsChant:
+1 Professor

Since living in Germany in the 1980's, when the shopping hours were much more limited than I was accustomed to in the US and no grocery shopping available on the weekends except on "lange Samstag", I became somewhat of a prepper early on. After being caught without enough food in the cupboard and a weekend just beginning early on, I soon made sure to always have extra food and other things we needed on hand.

In the early 2000's, a friend introduced us to Rawles' book, which made my DH and me stop and think about the possibility of a bigger problem than no milk for the weekend. After that, I began looking into more canning, food storage, grinding my own wheat and gardening... DH worked on the security aspect :)

I was an early listener to Jack's podcast and got many good tips from him, particularly about gardening and the philosophy of making your homestead care for you instead of being a slave to it. We've never looked back. It has become a way of life for us, too. There are times when I don't really work on the garden or have much time to do the canning I'd like to do, but we are always stocked up, whether it is home-made or not.

We also are really anti-debt of any sort... haven't had a mortgage in many years and are very glad of that. I really think living and thinking that way is a good way to be ready to ride out most storms (or at least have a chance).

I know that women are in the minority on this forum and also in the prepping world and I've never been able to understand that. It really seemed natural for me to want to make sure my family was provided for in case of emergency (or even just daily living). I really don't understand why so many of the men here have such trouble with their wives not being on board... ah well.

Carver:

--- Quote ---I know that women are in the minority on this forum and also in the prepping world and I've never been able to understand that. It really seemed natural for me to want to make sure my family was provided for in case of emergency (or even just daily living). I really don't understand why so many of the men here have such trouble with their wives not being on board... ah well.

--- End quote ---
That is very easy to answer. #1 my wife would prefer to talk then to use a keyboard. #2 for her doing anything on a computer is business and is okay at work but not at home. #3 my wife's sphere of interest is the home and mine is the world. Involvement in a forum like this on a computer over the internet for her would be leaving the home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version