Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Firearm Self Defense

Hearing Protection?

(1/3) > >>

kiteflyer:

Can anyone here recommend a electronic hearing protection device that allows you to hear low level nature sounds and then cuts off loud pistol and rifle fire.Is this a must have item in the coming hard times. It seems to be an essential item if you wish to keep your hearing when blasting your 357 mag pistol even when outdoors.

Thanks

kiteflyer

firetoad:
kiteflyer,

Check out this thread...

http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=2766.0

Personally, I currently have a lesser expensive pair of Caldwells and a pair of Howard Leight Impact Sport's and they both, for the price, do a decent job at magnifying sounds of nature that I otherwise would probably not even hear without them.  After the Leight's give up, I plan on picking up some Peltors.

kiteflyer:

Thanks firetoad, I need a pair of behind the head for helmet use. I found these PRO TAC 200 for 89.00 bucks. I wonder if they are any good. Any input here on actual use with a helmet would be appreciated.

kiteflyer

--- Quote from: firetoad on August 24, 2009, 07:06:32 PM ---kiteflyer,

Check out this thread...

http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=2766.0

Personally, I currently have a lesser expensive pair of Caldwells and a pair of Howard Leight Impact Sport's and they both, for the price, do a decent job at magnifying sounds of nature that I otherwise would probably not even hear without them.  After the Leight's give up, I plan on picking up some Peltors.

--- End quote ---

EmmaPeel:
Howard Leight makes great muffs for a good price.  ProEars are phenomenol but are also pricey.  If you shoot often, the ProEars are worth it.

bartsdad:
I won't buy another pair of Howard-Leights due to their lack of customer support. I own 2 sets of their muffs and it take an act of Congress to get Hygiene kits for them. I recently got some Peltors and couldn't be happier. 3M recently acquired Peltor and is good with customer support.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version