Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Modern Rifles, Shotguns and Carbines

How do I use a sling to stabilize an AR15 pistol while shooting?

<< < (2/6) > >>

David in MN:
As is usually the case I agree with Carl. I looked into buying one a few years back "because they look cool". Turns out the functionality is a little suspect and at the end of the day all you get is a long range pistol that needs to be braced to hit anything. If I ever want to go down that road it'll be with a Thompson Contender.

I guess I understand having one and keeping a buttstock as a just-in-case SHTF WROL scenario. That makes some sense. No one asking for tax stamps then. But beyond that it seems like a rather poor tool.

Best of luck, I hope you prove me wrong.

DrJohn:

--- Quote from: David in MN on September 07, 2016, 08:10:37 AM ---As is usually the case I agree with Carl. I looked into buying one a few years back "because they look cool". Turns out the functionality is a little suspect and at the end of the day all you get is a long range pistol that needs to be braced to hit anything. If I ever want to go down that road it'll be with a Thompson Contender.

I guess I understand having one and keeping a buttstock as a just-in-case SHTF WROL scenario. That makes some sense. No one asking for tax stamps then. But beyond that it seems like a rather poor tool.

Best of luck, I hope you prove me wrong.

--- End quote ---

I believe that is intent, and could get you in trouble.

David in MN:

--- Quote from: DrJohn on September 07, 2016, 08:22:31 AM ---I believe that is intent, and could get you in trouble.

--- End quote ---

Well seeing as how I don't own one and have no desire to my understanding of why someone would is worth little. Fair enough, though. I am, after all, 100% compliant with all our laws and legal standards.

Arky:

--- Quote from: Carl on September 06, 2016, 10:48:12 AM ---A buttstock will stabilize it ...with the bolt weight and all you really need another point of contact or you will just 'bounce' around.

--- End quote ---

This is where the SIG Brace or Shockwave brace come in handy.  Still keeps it legal (for now) as a pistol, but gives you that other point of contact.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/04/14/pistol-brace-comparison/

xxdabroxx:
I just tuck the buffer tube into my shoulder and fire it like a really short stocked rifle.  I built one because they are cool.  After getting it sighted in I was hitting a gong no problem at 125 yards. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version