Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Modern Rifles, Shotguns and Carbines

How do I use a sling to stabilize an AR15 pistol while shooting?

<< < (5/6) > >>

xxdabroxx:
That is definitely a truck sitting right there. 

iam4liberty:

--- Quote from: Jack Crabb on September 06, 2016, 09:19:16 AM ---One method is to shorten the sling and push the pistol away from your body/against the sling. The push/pull tension in the sling is supposed to stabilize the pistol.

--- End quote ---

Yes, this is the standard approach. 

Rob Pincus teaches an interesting '3 point' alternative.  See here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=iLuZL9-u8NA.

There has also been some pick up in the backpacking community as a pack friendly survival weapon.  They can be effective to 300+ yards prone using backpack as rest or crouched down using shooting stick. The shooting stick technique is similar to what is used for hunting revolvers and single shots.

Carl:
OH,and they though I was joking when I suggested a bipod... :sarcasm:

mysterion:
Looks like one guy understands AR pistols here at least.I use the KAK brace for a number of reasons, but one reason is that it just looks like short AR stock. I beleive in aesthetic, and from and function is what I try to acheive. What I do Is use a dual point sling. Make it long enough to actually use it as a sling. If you want to keep it simple, just use a cheap ak sling with the leather tabs. my barrel tube is ten inches long and I fasten a handstop with a  quick release button on it, attach a se button with a sling loop ,and  then thread the ak leather tab thruough the rear of the KAK brace. then i adjust it so when i use the sling like a normal rifle, I can create enough tension with the sling at the back of my neck and the check weld to hold the pistol very steady it works as well as a rifle with buttstock in my opinion, you can compare your bullet groups from both types (rfle vs pistol) of AR's to verify what i said. i have a forward mounted red dot btw

James1979:

--- Quote from: Carl on September 08, 2016, 06:36:45 AM ---OH,and they though I was joking when I suggested a rifle bipod... :sarcasm:

--- End quote ---

:-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version